Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Buying a new tractor

I ended up buying the 2006 kubota MX5000. It's two wheel drive, with a Bushhog 3045 FEL. I won't use the FEL that much, but wanted it for when I did want to use one. I've never been stuck with my old MF135, and the Kubota seems comparable, only much nicer. And the dealer seemed the best of all the ones I've talked to. I talked to other people that have dealt with the dealership, and none had any complaints.
    Thanks everyone for your advice, and suggestions. Not only on this thread, but most threads on the forum had things I took into account.

Tractor
    2008 Mahindra 5525, 1964 MF-135 diesel, 1951 Farmall Super A, 1951 Minneapolis Moline BF, 1945 Oliver 60 Row Crop, 1949 JD B widefront

Default Re: Buying a new tractor

Quote Originally Posted by nogin007
    I ended up buying the 2006 kubota MX5000. It's two wheel drive, with a Bushhog 3045 FEL. I won't use the FEL that much, but wanted it for when I did want to use one. I've never been stuck with my old MF135, and the Kubota seems comparable, only much nicer. And the dealer seemed the best of all the ones I've talked to. I talked to other people that have dealt with the dealership, and none had any complaints.
    Thanks everyone for your advice, and suggestions. Not only on this thread, but most threads on the forum had things I took into account.
    Enjoy your new Bota. They're fun machines.

My new Mahindra 5525 2WD has about the same hp as your MX5000. Looks like your FEL has roughly the same specs as my ML250. I regret not getting the quick attach skid steer option on my FEL when I bought the tractor. Looks like I'll have to retrofit that capability onto the FEL in the next few months.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12