Allis Chalmers G Model

/ Allis Chalmers G Model #1  

RoMo

Tractor
3930 New Holland Ford and tricycle John Deere 420
Hi Guys,

Been a member a long time, but just read and learn. There is an auction coming up that has an old Allis Chalmers G.
What is a good price for a good condition running tractor. I don't know anything about the condition, but if good, I would love to have one. It includes a blade and cultivators.

Thanks,

Rob

/ Allis Chalmers G Model #2  
I've seen them going for $3500 + around here

/ Allis Chalmers G Model
Thanks Charlie. It's a very unique tractor for the garden.

Rob

/ Allis Chalmers G Model #5  
If you need help let me know, there is a collector locally that has several G's that may be able to help you out with the in's and out's of the tractor.

/ Allis Chalmers G Model #6  
RoMo said:
Hi Guys,

Been a member a long time, but just read and learn. There is an auction coming up that has an old Allis Chalmers G.
What is a good price for a good condition running tractor. I don't know anything about the condition, but if good, I would love to have one. It includes a blade and cultivators.

Thanks,

Rob
We've had 4 of them. The AC-G is known a cultivation tractor. They were used when herbicides were not as available as they currently are. They were designed to plow row crops like tobacco and vegetables. The sickle bar and other implements are nothing to brag about. The engine was made by Continental and the parts are expensive and are in limited supply.
Rick_on_Allis_Chalmers_G_cultivating_onions.sized.jpg

Hay DR

/ Allis Chalmers G Model
Thanks Guys.
Any more thoughts?

Rob

/ Allis Chalmers G Model #8  
I agree with the 3500$ price.

About the hardest things to find on them are sheet metal.. pretty much the rest of the parts can be had repop or salvage.

I've got a g with the belt pulley and hyds.

soundguy

Attachments

• allis3 (Large).jpg
    allis3 (Large).jpg
    171 KB · Views: 13,283
   / Allis Chalmers G Model
Thanks Guys

Rob

/ Allis Chalmers G Model #10  
For a dedicated cultivating tractor, the Farmall guys came up with a better idea with thier offset "cultavision". I bet they sold 10 each of the cub and A for every AC -G. Of course that keeps the prices higher of the G's today as there just aint that many around.