It would be great if Tractor dealers were open on Saturday.....

/ It would be great if Tractor dealers were open on Saturday..... #31  
What I would like and what I get are two different things. What I would like is availability when I need it. Of course that is not prudent. I think the most important thing is being consistent. Since I am a weekend farmer type, If the dealer is open on Saturday, I make sure that I plan my day to go by when he is open.

My problem is that where I buy my farm diesel was open till noon on Saturdays, now is closed on Saturdays.:( I now have to take a day off from work to go and purchase diesel. I do not have enough money to have a 300 gallon tank to fill. I was told that thy would not deliver for less than 300 gal. Of course with the price of diesel so high I don't know if I would want the exposure of having that much diesel. Times get tough and thieves come out of the woodwork.:mad:

/ It would be great if Tractor dealers were open on Saturday..... #32  
Our dealership is open 7:00am - 5:30pm M-F and 7:00 - noon on Saturday, with longer hours during harvest as necessary. Those hours catch most customers, but even now staffing costs can be a problem (even if people alternate Saturdays). Unless a dealership is offsetting Saturdays by allowing those employees to take a different day off (such as the following Monday... which is not likely), then Saturday hours are all overtime hours for each and every employee (at least for parts and service). Keeping each dept staffed for an extra half day (or that whole day) gets expensive.
With larger operations that might become less of an issue, but I'd say that most dealers buck heads with Saturdays on a regular basis.

/ It would be great if Tractor dealers were open on Saturday..... #33  
vansimplement said:
Our dealership is open 7:00am - 5:30pm M-F and 7:00 - noon on Saturday, with longer hours during harvest as necessary. Those hours catch most customers, but even now staffing costs can be a problem (even if people alternate Saturdays). Unless a dealership is offsetting Saturdays by allowing those employees to take a different day off (such as the following Monday... which is not likely), then Saturday hours are all overtime hours for each and every employee (at least for parts and service). Keeping each dept staffed for an extra half day (or that whole day) gets expensive.
With larger operations that might become less of an issue, but I'd say that most dealers buck heads with Saturdays on a regular basis.

I can understand the cost issue of service on Saturday, but it seems like the "better" dealers are open a few hours for sales on Saturday. Mine is from 8 to noon, lucky since that's when I could get in to buy.