It would be great if Tractor dealers were open on Saturday.....

/ It would be great if Tractor dealers were open on Saturday..... #1  

warhammer

Gold Member
Tractor
Kioti DK45SE HST
Since that is when I can run around looking to purchase one.

WarHammer

/ It would be great if Tractor dealers were open on Saturday..... #2  
I never did quite understand why MORE dealers don't have all day saturday hours. Most farmers and professional users can function with mon/fri hours. But with the huge homeowner/"ranchette" market in recent years, you'd think dealers would keep hours that allow those folks the time in their "off hours" to get in and un-hinge their wallets.

Local Massey Ferguson dealer is open 8AM to noon on saturdays. Local Deere dealer is open same, w/2 saturdays in May where they have all day sale hours. They have a 24hr parts and emergency service phone # listed on their gate. They'll open up 24/7, but you pay DEARLY for the service. New Holland dealer has parts dept hours on saturday, 7AM to 2PM, no sales staff on duty though. Kubota/Case IH dealer is open 8AM to noon during months of May through Aug.

/ It would be great if Tractor dealers were open on Saturday..... #3  
Wallace Tractor is open Saturdays and 6 hrs on Sunday, :D they are in the northeast corner of Penn. Great folks to do business with. :)

/ It would be great if Tractor dealers were open on Saturday..... #4  
My Massey Ferguson dealer has Sunday hours,as well as Saturday hours. They had a open house anniversary yesterday, but I missed it.:( plowking

/ It would be great if Tractor dealers were open on Saturday..... #5  
It would be great - depending on what you want them to be open for. Most small dealers have a set staff - and they are hopefully good at their role. If they went to a full 6 or 7 day workweek, now you're talking part-timers. pretty soon they end up like a box store in terms of service.....:D

/ It would be great if Tractor dealers were open on Saturday..... #6  
warhammer said:
Since that is when I can run around looking to purchase one.

WarHammer

Are sales that good during the week?
I just don't get it--never will...

/ It would be great if Tractor dealers were open on Saturday..... #7  
Plowking,

We are keeping the sale prices today for the customers that work on Saturday!

9:am-2:pm.

/ It would be great if Tractor dealers were open on Saturday..... #8  
Twenty years ago, it was mostly fine for dealers to be only open until noon on Saturday. Full time farmers would normally have a number that they could use to get needed parts on the weekend and could shop sales during the week or during the off season. Today given the number of the hobby farms, weekend farmers and estate owners, a dealer is giving up many sales to other dealers that do stay open all day Saturday. These people need to have a time to shop parts and sales without taking off work to do so.

/ It would be great if Tractor dealers were open on Saturday.....
I am not advocating the taking of anyone's downtime.
With what has become the normal 50-70 hour Mon thru Fri workweek taking a day off during the week almost requires an act of Congress.

Since the dealers whose brands I am interested in are 30-50 miles apart here you can't hit too many in 4 hours.

I have been into offroad motorcycles almost my whole life. Many dealers are open all day Saturday and close Sunday-Monday. At times the dealers being closed on Monday has been a pain but the Saturday hours have been a great convenience so many times that it more than equalled out.

WarHammer

NuBota said:
It would be great - depending on what you want them to be open for. Most small dealers have a set staff - and they are hopefully good at their role. If they went to a full 6 or 7 day workweek, now you're talking part-timers. pretty soon they end up like a box store in terms of service.....:D

/ It would be great if Tractor dealers were open on Saturday..... #10  
We do half-days Saturday. We've played with full days on Saturday, as well as staying open some weekday evenings. It just does not seem to be profitable. I worked 4 evenings last month and had 1 person come in.. that was it. I do think Sundays would work, There are often people out walking the lot in the afternoon, but we won't do that for the sake of our employees families.