No Brand Specific Posts In This Forum !!!

/ No Brand Specific Posts In This Forum !!! #11  
Re: --- Please Read Before Posting Here ---

Muhammad,

I wonder if it might work better to move this forum below the brand specific forums. Then folks would have to scan by the brand specific forums before they get to this one. I've noticed that on my family web site the occasional users never seem to read past the top 1/3 of the screen.

-david

/ No Brand Specific Posts In This Forum !!! #12  

<font color=blue>I wonder if it might work better to move this forum below the brand specific forums.</font color=blue>

Then you have just the opposite problem... people post in a brand-specific forum for something that is really a general question. (i.e. a Kubota owner posts his box blade question in the Kubota operating forum, rather than the attachments forum).

John Mc

/ No Brand Specific Posts In This Forum !!! #13  

David,

I agree and was going to suggest that. I have made that mistake myself a couple of times until I realized the brand specific forum were below. My fault for not paying attention, but a easy mistake none-the-less. --Jim

/ No Brand Specific Posts In This Forum !!! #14  

I was just talking about the first two forums (Buying/Pricing and Owning/Operation). These are the only two with analogs in the brand specific forums.

-david

/ No Brand Specific Posts In This Forum !!! #15  

I administer 2 music forums, and I concur that placement is certainly a factor in where someone will choose to post in "borderline" situations.

Also, a certain number of people will also get wrapped up in the "traffic" game. But those people should also remember the downside of posting where it moves so fast .... new threads will force yours off the first page sooner, and NOBODY reads past the first page. Well, almost nobody!! :)

/ No Brand Specific Posts In This Forum !!! #16  

Muhammad,

Is there anyway to move the topics that belong in a brand specific forum so that they are posted correctly?

/ No Brand Specific Posts In This Forum !!! #17  

<font color=blue>Is there anyway to move the topics that belong in a brand specific forum</font color=blue>

That's something the moderators are supposed to help with. If you see them before we do, just flag us down by clicking on the Notifiy Moderator icon
notifymod.gif
wink.gif

/ No Brand Specific Posts In This Forum !!! #18  

Harv,

Thanks. The reason I asked is I put the JD 4115 vs NH 24D in here and it really should go in either NH or JD forums. Can we move it there?

/ No Brand Specific Posts In This Forum !!! #19  

Actually, Michael, if you want to compare or discuss different brands in the same thread, this is the correct forum.
wink.gif

/ No Brand Specific Posts In This Forum !!! #20  

Harv,

Thanks. I wasn't sure.