No Brand Specific Posts In This Forum !!!

/ No Brand Specific Posts In This Forum !!! #21  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( However, if you are asking... "Which is better? John Deere 4710 or Kubota L4610?" then that thread does belong here... and should not be posted in BOTH the brand-specific forums. )</font>

. . . but when the poster decides and buys one of the brand/models that have been discussed here, wouldn't it be most appropriate to announce his/her decision here, rather than buried in a brand specific forum?

The latter seems particulary unfair to those who buy the lesser brands that fit in the "Other Brands-Equipment/Other Brands" category, which casual readers are much more likely to skip over.

This also seems like the most appropriate place for a buyer to offer general thanks to those who have provided answers that helped guide the final decision.

How about a "New Tractor Announcement" forum? Would that be possible?

Note: Nothing I've said here should be construed to indicate I might shortly be making an announcement that could fit in one of the "Other" categories. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif On the other hand. . .

SnowRidge

/ No Brand Specific Posts In This Forum !!! #22  
where did my post that i posted like half an hour ago here go. i know it wasnt the most positive thinking but it wasnt anything profane or dirty either. i have an opinion just like eveyone else, dont see why we need to censor everything on this board that doesnt agree with the thoughts of the majority here

/ No Brand Specific Posts In This Forum !!! #23  
Mark,

Your post was inflammatory in nature. I think what we forget here is that we are all guests. We don't pay the bills for this site. If you would please read the rules for the site you will see this. Also this is a family rated site. Anything that detracts from good clean conversation and gets off on ill-spirited tangents will be deleted. Most people on the board appreciate this and there is no need to air dirty laundry in public. If you have an issue that you feel you need to respond to in a negative manner you can email or send a private message to that person.

/ No Brand Specific Posts In This Forum !!! #24  
Markct,

I saw the post. I thought it was rude and a bash to Muhammad. I even made a reply to it and then took it off because the post was removed by someone. Muhammad put together an excellent forum for all tractor users and I believe we should follow his rules or don't be a part of this forum.

Just my two cents

murph

/ No Brand Specific Posts In This Forum !!! #25  
i never said i didnt want to follow his rules, i just said that i feel the site would be easier to use and probably cheaper and easier for him to run if it wasnt broken into so many categories since a good portion of the categories sorta overlap in content anyhow, i have an opinion just like anyone else, nothing in my post was swearing or any derogatry comments like somone else said it was, it was just my opinion and a bit of a suggestion so i dont think it should have been removed realy but hey i dont run this place so do whatever you guys want, i dont know who actualy deleted my post anyhow

/ No Brand Specific Posts In This Forum !!! #26  
Markct,

I read your first post as well, and like Murph almost replied to it, but decided not to.

"Tone of voice is everything..." is a saying that comes to mind. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Had you said the same thing perhaps in a softer manner I bet your post would still be there. Just my opinion though.

I'd need many more fingers than I have now to count the number of times I got in trouble with the wife, not because of what I said, but because of the way I said it. /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Your first post did not sound too friendly, and this is a friendly kind of place...

/ No Brand Specific Posts In This Forum !!! #27  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( <font color="red"> Your first post did not sound too friendly, and this is a friendly kind of place... </font> )</font>

That is a wonderful way of saying it...so eloquent.............. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

/ No Brand Specific Posts In This Forum !!! #28  
yea i agree like ya said that tone of voice is everything and that i could have worded it better i suppose, well maybe next time i will

/ No Brand Specific Posts In This Forum !!! #29  
Markct,
None of the moderators here want to offend anyone,they are trying to do there job,I am sure if it had been me or anyone else it would have been handled the same way.If I were you I would not take it personnaly. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif.

/ No Brand Specific Posts In This Forum !!! #30  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( yea i agree like ya said that tone of voice is everything and that i could have worded it better i suppose, well maybe next time i will )</font>
Markct... GOOD ON YA ! You'll find that this web site has very little tolerance for Flaming . Kind of refreshing,to say the least . Most, if not all your questions are answered with little or no color bias ( <font color="blue"> </font> Blue, <font color="orange"> </font> Orange, <font color="red"> </font> Red ,or <font color="green"> </font> Green ). Keep posting.
All the best, John