No Brand Specific Posts In This Forum !!!

/ No Brand Specific Posts In This Forum !!! #1  

Muhammad

Administrator
Tractor
None currently
I have noticed that an increasing number of threads in this forum belong in the brand-specific forums.

For example, if you are asking... "How does this price sound on a Kubota B7500 w/FEL, etc" then that thread does not belong here, but rather in the Kubota Buying/Pricing forum.

However, if you are asking... "Which is better? John Deere 4710 or Kubota L4610?" then that thread does belong here... and should not be posted in BOTH the brand-specific forums.

Basically... if it's brand-specific, it shouldn't be posted here. /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Thanks...

/ No Brand Specific Posts In This Forum !!! #2  
Yes! SIR.

Yes! Sir. But here (the brand-specific forum) is the most pupular place. If they paste their post in other forum, less people will read it.

/ No Brand Specific Posts In This Forum !!! #3  
Re: Yes! SIR.

good88 - I think your concern is unfounded, or perhaps mis-directed.

More people may SEE a post here but the number of responses a person gets to that same post if it were placed in the brand-specific forum will probably be the same. The "regulars" here - those who are likely to reply and be able to offer the best information, visit brand-specific forums as much as they do general forums. "Double posting" may increase your odds of someone seeing a post but will not increase your odds of having someone reply.

/ No Brand Specific Posts In This Forum !!! #4  

I personally search all forums by time period (since I last checked in). I read down the subjects to see if the thread might be of interest. I therefore don't miss many myself. I would be curious to hear how many of you do your browsing. I might be missing a better way!

/ No Brand Specific Posts In This Forum !!! #5  

I also review all the forums, from the top down. If I see a new thread has been posted or there's a new response, I'll open that forum to see if it's of interest to me. If not, I just hit the Back button and go on to the next forum. I will search the responses that have been posted within the last hour or so if I'm looking for a particular response.

/ No Brand Specific Posts In This Forum !!! #6  

Golfgar,
That's exactly how I do it. If I WANT to read that new post or reply at that time, I do. If not I'll catch it later.

/ No Brand Specific Posts In This Forum !!! #7  

Ain't this forum great? The way everything is laid out makes it so easy to browse or participate. If you ever visit some of the others it will really make you appreciate the effort that Muhammad had put into this one.

TBone

/ No Brand Specific Posts In This Forum !!! #8  

You've got that right! /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif Muhammad definitely has us spoiled. I did visit a different forum the other day, and after about five minutes of fumbling around trying to figure it out, I just left. I figured that any information I wanted I'd get just as quickly on TBN by posting a question!

/ No Brand Specific Posts In This Forum !!!
Re: --- Please Read Before Posting Here ---

Just a reminder... I just moved about a half dozen active threads to the brand-specific buying forums.

Please remember that if it's brand specific, it doesn't belong here.

/ No Brand Specific Posts In This Forum !!! #10  
Re: --- Please Read Before Posting Here ---

Will do,

This is a great discussion board. Thanks - your work is much appreciated!!! I also see you have the classifieds up and running.