Upgrade or downgrade

/ Upgrade or downgrade #1  

chambers1517

I have a gear drive l3130 with a loader. It has 400 hrs on it and I used it to cut in a driveway and spread rock and tree and brush removal. I am mainly using it to bush hog 6 acres and maintain a driveway now. A friend wants to buy it and I am considering buying a 3030 with a cab. I have a 6 ft bush hog and think the 3030 can handle it. The main reason I am considering this is I am soon going to start finish mowing the 6 acres and think the 3030 with a cab would be much nicer for this. I also wonder if I will miss my larger machine. I will also get a fel on the 3030. What do you guys think?

/ Upgrade or downgrade #2  
I think you got to do whatever you want to do.

Are YOU going to be ok with less hp? Will the cab make up for the loss of HP?

soundguy

/ Upgrade or downgrade #3  
The B3030 with cab is a nice machine, but I think you might run into balance problems with a 6' rotary cutter. A 6' finish mower would be fine but the weight is really back there on a RC. Other than that, I would only be concerned with terrain. If it is rough, or hilly, your L frame might be more stable, and ride better. If it is reasonably smooth, or flat, the comfort of the cab would really be nice!