What is the warranty offered by Kubota and Kioti?

/ What is the warranty offered by Kubota and Kioti? #1  

Cyberroc

Silver Member
Tractor
20th Anniversary Edition KIOTI CK35 Synchro Shuttle | KL130P FEL | KB2475 BH
I am leaning toward either a Kubota or Kioti and I am trying to find out the warranty information offered from each brand. If they differ by Tractor, I would like to know the Kubota BX24 and B2320 and the Kioti CK20 and CK35. I hope to purchase before the end of the month so anything recent should work.

** Disclaimer, the following statement was told to me by an employee at the dealership I was at and while it is what I was told, the below should not be taken as fact, only that it's good idea to understand the warranty you are getting or can get before you purchase **

While I was at a Kubota dealer looking at a BX24 with FEL and BH I was told that the Kubota standard warranty was 12 month B2B with an extended warranty option, however I was also told on some tractors it may only be 6 months or a stated number of hours :confused:

I hope no one becomes a hater about what I was told; I figured it was probably wrong so I thought I would ask here. And for the record, I like the look and feel of both brands and I have yet to drive a Tractor I didn't like. :D

The Kioti site seems to state that they offer a 24 month B2B and 48 month power-train warranty standard on all tractors.

I welcome good and bad experiences from either brand as it relates to warranty or lack there of!

Thank you for your assistance! :cool:

/ What is the warranty offered by Kubota and Kioti? #2  
   / What is the warranty offered by Kubota and Kioti? #3  
You are correct that the Kioti warranty is 4 years Engine and driveline covering parts and labor, 2 years bumper to bumper, 1 year Front-End Loaders, Backhoes and Implements, 3 months or remainder of warranty (whichever is longer) on replacement parts and 1 year on replacement engines.

Also note, that the 4 year warranty is for ALL USE of a tractor. They are not going to shorten your warranty just because you use it commercially instead of for home use because that is how a tractor is supposed to be used. Apparently Kubota doesn't think their tractor can last as long when you use it commercially. :D

I'd tell you about the warranty service but after 2-1/2 yrs and 350 hrs, my Kioti has never needed any warranty work.

/ What is the warranty offered by Kubota and Kioti? #4  
Pretty much everything from Kubota is...
1 year on ground engauging implements
(except if the machine is a factory TLB. Then its 2 years).
2 year bumper to bumper
3 year engine & drive

I can't tell you how little warrenty work we do on Kubotas. Without a doubt, its a lower percentage than any of the other lines that we sell.

/ What is the warranty offered by Kubota and Kioti?
Good to know and thank you for the great responses, it sounds like they are similar (unless I have "other usage". Does anyone know how Kubota would classify "other usage" Is this at their discretion or does it have to do with some other classifier?

I don't plan to use it for anything other than personal work, however I would hate to violate a warranty if happen to take it over to a family or friends house to help them out with something.

I plan to get it all in writing, however did seem that it can get confusing when speaking with some sales people. Thank again!

/ What is the warranty offered by Kubota and Kioti? #6  
We do unit registrations and say what it is, if your an individual it would be standard consumer use, if your a business it probably gets registered as commerical. No need to worry, you'll have the 2-year warrenty.

/ What is the warranty offered by Kubota and Kioti?
Thanks for all the responses!

I actually stopped into Capital Equipment and Supply located in Dewitt and was told the warranty for personal use on the BX24 was 3-2-1 with 3 yrs on the Drive Train, 2 yrs B2B (bumper to bumper), and 1 yr on the attachments. (bangs head as I forgot to ask if this was standard or extended, emailing them now)

On a personal note it was much nicer dealing with this dealer and they were very professional and helpful. It was a good visit and even nicer to drive one around.

Has anyone ever dealt with Capital Equipment and Supply located in Dewitt MI or purchased from them? I would love to hear any experiences with their dealership!

Thanks again...

/ What is the warranty offered by Kubota and Kioti? #8  
Cyberroc said:
On a personal note it was much nicer dealing with this dealer and they were very professional and helpful. It was a good visit and even nicer to drive one around.

Thats in itself is a huge indicator of where you should be buying. The dealership has as much to do with the overall experience of owning a tractor as the machine itself does.

/ What is the warranty offered by Kubota and Kioti? #9  
Dmace said:
Apparently Kubota doesn't think their tractor can last as long when you use it commercially. :D

That holds true with any piece of equipment no matter who its manufactured by.

Kubota is a proven commodity that knows they don't need to extend warranties to sell their product.

Kioti, while a nice tractor, isn't there yet.

/ What is the warranty offered by Kubota and Kioti? #10  
I can tell you a fiew about Kioti and purchasing. I got the kioti because it just felt more solid to me. I just put my 50th hr on it yesterday mowing hay. I have been woefully short on seat time compaird to projects :D and am working on correcting that.

1) BE ABSOLUTLY confident in your choice of dealers. I would even go so far as to recomend badgering the owner over his intrest in retireing in the near future. if I go to purchace a 2nd tractor I plan on going to the owner and verify he is not planning on selling/retiring to the point of asking for it in writing. I wouldent be all that interested in if i got the paper or not but how he reacts to being put on the spot like that. the dealer that I bought my tractor from flat out stated he has been in the business for 30 years and had no plans on going any where. I found out after he "retired" and after 3 months of being closed then selling to a new owner that originally he was going to sell out to some one about a week after he sold me my tractor but the guy never finalised the deal. also I would suggest seeing if they have any letters of recomendation or the like. a bad dealer will ruin it for you quicker then any defect or broken part.

2) see what kind of things the dealer suggests you get or is giving you with your purchace. ie if you get a brush hog and a tiller see if they make a point about things like having extra shearpins or if they give you an extra etc. the consumables that a person might not be inclined to think of. do they give you a rundown of your tractor before/during delivery including things such as the grease points.

3) Locate a 2ndary dealer in your area and make sure you are able/willing to drive to thier location incase of the unforseable.

4) make sure all options paid for are there! also check the available optional parts. I purchaced a 2nd rear remote because at purchace time it was 300$ post factory install it is like 360+time. Due to being new to tractors i did not realise that the 2nd rear remote was missing. about a month or so after i bought the tractor i finally had time to really go through the manual. I found that it was not there. When I tried to go back to my dealer I found he had closed his doors about 2 weeks prior and told no one. I made several attempts at contacting the owner due to they still had peoples equipment in the shop being repaired/returned. after fighting with him for a fiew months and getting tird of his delays I spoke to kioti about it.

Kioti was also taken suprise by my dealer closing and were just as frustrated as I was. the rep told me that as long as I had a recept that showed I payed for the remote they would send the kit to me or my dealer of choice. I just had to pay for a seperate dealer to install the unit. due to my situation that was going to equate to more the the purchace of the part in the first place. need a truck/trailer still :/ 70 mi to all 5 of the next nearest dealer's. I was quite pleased with Kioti's willingness to resolve the issue. From what I have seen they try to ensure the dealers are reputable for their customers.

also Kioti does not have any stated issues with B100 which is another thing i liked about kioti. I cant remember if kubota allowed bio use or not but i think it might not have or up to b20.

Good luck on your tractor hunt ;) and remember you always have a resource here to help out.