Just got a new Kubota B7100

/ Just got a new Kubota B7100 #1  

Box5

Tractor
1980's Kubota B7001
New if you were living in the early 80's ;) . I'm really happy with it, and its a blast to drive. I'm still learning all the levers and controls, but that should come pretty fast. We got it for clearing our trails, bringing firewood around, moving dirt, and all that good stuff. The Bush hog is a unknown brand, I think the label was painted over, but it has a bad case of wobbles. I'm not using that until I find a soltution....or get a new one. The big metal disk that the blades bolt to is pretty warped, and I cant tell if the ouput shaft that it bolts to on the gearbox is warped also. Would it be cost effective to replace the gearbox/blade assembly, or just go spend 600-800 on a new one? I really need a bush hog, so thats a priority. The Loader works great for its size, and should move all the dirt and gravel we want. Well, thats about it, just wanted to introduce her, and post a few pictures and say what a great site this is with endless amount of info here.

Attachments

• IMG_1008.jpg
    IMG_1008.jpg
    568.2 KB · Views: 561
  • IMG_1013.jpg
    IMG_1013.jpg
    354.2 KB · Views: 5,760
  • IMG_1012.jpg
    IMG_1012.jpg
    332.4 KB · Views: 453
   / Just got a new Kubota B7100 #2  
Enjoy your tractor man, hopefully your learning experience goes a little smoother than mine did :).

Hey so you need a bush hog... and I want a loader... Wanna trade? :D

/ Just got a new Kubota B7100 #3  
You're going to love that little mule. She'll do a lot of work.

/ Just got a new Kubota B7100
A couple more pics, I need to take the loader off and get it ready for some new paint.

img1030je3.jpg

img1029ez4.jpg

/ Just got a new Kubota B7100 #5  
Box5:

Welcome to TBN :D! Congratulations on your "new" tractor. It looks in really good shape :). Use your tractor safely and well and keep us posted. Jay :)

/ Just got a new Kubota B7100
Thanks for the welcome. This tractor just puts a smile on my face driving it around. The torque is great, and i'm getting a new Box blade Friday, so hopefully the neighbors as us will enjoy a smooth driveway for once. I really need to study the safety section, i've heard some bad stories operating around steep trails and similar terrain with tractors. We have trails wrapping the 10 acre hills we have, and I plan to do lots of firewood hauling, so I need to find the best way to do that. My neighbor just told me how his friend died when he was dragging a log up a hill, the log dug in and he kept going and the tractor just walked onto its back wheels then fell back and killed him. I was looking into a skidder type attachment, but this makes me think a front type system would be better, even if the log is still behind, but its secured up front somehow so it wont cause u to flip back.

/ Just got a new Kubota B7100 #7  
First of all welecome and nice tractor!

Second: Dragging anything around using the drawbar and not the 3 point hitch will keep the tractor from flipping backwards. The drawbar is under the centerline of the axle, causing the the tractor to lurch forward if suddenly stopped by a towed object. This would make the rear lift slightly and lose traction.

Thrid: You can get rollover protection for a few hundred dollars, which is money well spent.

Fourth: Nice truck and trailer!!

/ Just got a new Kubota B7100 #8  
When you are dragging something keep a nice load in the bucket and your foot on the clutch.:D :D