Add on bucket grapple

/ Add on bucket grapple #1  

Deerlope

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota L3830 03: RTV 900
I know that this is like beating a dead horse , BUT who has the best add on grapple and why do you think so?

/ Add on bucket grapple #2  
DSC01505.JPG

/ Add on bucket grapple #3  
I could really use one of those!

/ Add on bucket grapple #4  
Could anyone with a grapple show the hydraulic set up? If connected to rear remote how is it controlled?

Thanks

Mark

/ Add on bucket grapple #5  
I control my grapple with the rear remote. Theres just a long hose run from the remotes on the rear out to the FEL crossmember. Ziptied to the frame etc. and split at the center for if I want to take the FEL off (haven't yet). Not as elegant as a diverter, but works fine and saves a few bucks.

/ Add on bucket grapple #6  
I am partial to Anbo Grapple Rakes. But what suits me does not suit others.

Attachments

• 27GRHHXX%20034.jpg
    27GRHHXX%20034.jpg
    130.5 KB · Views: 2,333
   / Add on bucket grapple #7  
Mine is a single model Add-a-Grapple from precisionmachine.com, made in the good ole USA. They have various sizes and a decent website to show their stuff.
When I bought the tractorI had the dealer include it in the sale, along with the valving etc. for the rear remote. The dealer had never heard of the company or installed grapples on any CUTs, but after installing mine has become one of their distributors.
I asked them to put a "T" in the lines to the rear remotes so the grapple runs with the valve that controls the remotes. I've never used the remotes in 300 hours of ownership, but the grapple is used almost all the time unless I'm plowing snow. With it, I move brush, logs, manure, dead animals, barn stones, you name it. It basically lets me double the stable volume of a load of brush or manure or to pick up large objects from the seat with little or no effort on my part.
I find the addition of a homemade toothbar helps a lot with things like sheep manure (lots of hay matted into that stuff), logs, barnstones, and big field stones. I can grab onto rocks securely enough that the rear of the tractor lifts if I try to curl one that's too big, despite the 900 lb rear weight and 260 lb on the wheels. I highly recommend getting one, although since I have nothing to compare this one to, I can't say whether it's the best on the market or not. All I know is it works for me, and with a set of quick connects on the horizontal arm of the loader frame, is easy to disconnect if I want to take it off or drop the bucket.

/ Add on bucket grapple #8  
Deerlope said:
I know that this is like beating a dead horse , BUT who has the best add on grapple and why do you think so?
I don't know who makes the best one.
But most of the bucket grapples are of a similar design and very, very handy. Mine are Tatro bucket grapples, perhaps you've seen some of the threads how I've used them? There are some pictures in this thread started by PSDStu: Bucket Grapple.
I also designed an add on grapple for a couple friends and also for my wife's tractor. There are photos of it here: My Very Own Grapples Also how to plumb it and all, which goes for just about any one you end up getting.

/ Add on bucket grapple #9  
I think the best bucket grapple i've seen was made by Mrs. 3RRL !

/ Add on bucket grapple #10  
Deerlope said:

It all depends on whether you want to drill and bolt or are willing to weld. ATI and Add A Grapple both make fine quality bolt on grapples that work on stock buckets. There are a number of businesses like Tatro and others who sell a less expensive basic grapple with ram that is designed to be either welded or bolted to a reinforced bucket.

Grapples are not rocket science or nanotechnology. Almost any design can be made to work and no one that I know of has any experience actually comparing the pros and cons of different types.