70hp-100hp tractor with loader for less than 10K?

/ 70hp-100hp tractor with loader for less than 10K? #1  

moloss

Silver Member
Tractor
share Kubota M6800
I have a friend who just bought some land and now he is in need of a larger mid size tractor (70hp-100hp) with loader......he's only got about 10K to spend (land is way expensive!).....I know we are talking about an older tractor with alot of hours but what is considered a good model (not alot of problems).....years don't matter as long as it can work hard with reliability......any and all suggestions are needed.....thanks.

/ 70hp-100hp tractor with loader for less than 10K? #2  
Why must it be 70-100hp?

/ 70hp-100hp tractor with loader for less than 10K? #3  
moloss said:
I have a friend who just bought some land and now he is in need of a larger mid size tractor (70hp-100hp) with loader......he's only got about 10K to spend (land is way expensive!).....I know we are talking about an older tractor with alot of hours but what is considered a good model (not alot of problems).....years don't matter as long as it can work hard with reliability......any and all suggestions are needed.....thanks.

You might find a 70hp (engine) ag tractor with FEL, for example a JD 3020 from the 1960s that might be had for $10K. There are JD 4020 (90 hp engine) ag tractors around but finding one with a FEL for $10K will be difficult.

Once you get beyond 50-60 hp utility tractors, you're into the large ag tractor sizes where FELs are rare.

Your best bet might be with industrial tractors (the ones usually painted yellow). I would look for a tractor loader backhoe (TLB). You may be able to find one that meets your hp requirement for $10K.

/ 70hp-100hp tractor with loader for less than 10K? #4  
   / 70hp-100hp tractor with loader for less than 10K? #5  
flusher said:
Once you get beyond 50-60 hp utility tractors, you're into the large ag tractor sizes where FELs are rare.

I don't think this is quite true. In today's market you have compact tractor companies making 50-60hp tractors. Mid size AG tractors WITH loaders go up to well over 100hp these days. I am looking now and the two models I am cross shopping are both in the 90-95 PTO hp range and are mid size AG tractors w/ loaders.

That said, Ebay has some older tractors that can be had for 10-15k that may fit the bill.

/ 70hp-100hp tractor with loader for less than 10K?
just b/c of the # of acres.....a little less than 100.....mainly pasture

/ 70hp-100hp tractor with loader for less than 10K? #7  
moloss said:

Mid size tractors are generally not 70-100 hp. You are into utility sized tractors by the time you hit about 50hp, and by the time you are getting near 90-100.. you are in ag tractor teritory.

A ford 5000, 5600, or 6600 / 7000/7600 /XX10 /XX10S will get you intot he 70+ hp range, and you can usually find them with loaders if you look hard enough. You couple likely slip into one of those I mentioned for under 10k$. If you found a 5000, 56000 or 7000 with a loader.. you might get in for about 8k$ The 6610 /7610 /S models will likely run you up near the 10K$ limit.. but all mentioned are great tractors... good parts support.. very beefy and heavy duty.

Hours? you might be surprised.. not only do the larger tractors generally have more hours under their belt as far as lifespan goes.. but sometimes you luck up and find a unit that was used for infrequent 'big' chores, and thus has few hours... etc.

Soundguy

/ 70hp-100hp tractor with loader for less than 10K? #8  
flusher said:
mark.r said:
I don't think this is quite true. In today's market you have compact tractor companies making 50-60hp tractors. Mid size AG tractors WITH loaders go up to well over 100hp these days. I am looking now and the two models I am cross shopping are both in the 90-95 PTO hp range and are mid size AG tractors w/ loaders.

That said, Ebay has some older tractors that can be had for 10-15k that may fit the bill.
I agree; you see a lot of tractors in the 70+hp range with loaders on dairy farms, at least in the northeast. They often come up on auctions. Any of the models already mentioned would be OK, also older WHITE/Olivers in that HP category can be had with loaders for under $10K.

/ 70hp-100hp tractor with loader for less than 10K? #9  
There is a 60hp White w/ loader on Ebay right now with a Buy Now price of 8k I believe.