Prices

/ Prices #1  

rtm038

Silver Member
Hello all,
I'm in the market to buy my first tractor and I was wondering if you can negotiate the sale price or do you just pay what's on the sticker.

Thanks
Ryan

/ Prices #3  
Compare, compare, compare. Dealers handle pricing differently even among the same brands. One a few miles from another may be quite a bit different on price than the other. Settle on the size and features you like/need and shop the available dealers looking for the best value(what you get for your dollar,not just price). Look for a stable dealer, with a good shop and parts dept. that will talk to you about what you need/want. Not one that throws out a price if they feel like it or tries to sell you something after you have said that it wasn't what you are looking for.

Good Luck

/ Prices #4  
Also, from what I've learned... being comfortable and having a good relationship with a dealer is much more important than saving a couple hundred dollars up front from a dealer you don't feel as good about. Especially if you'll be holding on to the tractor for a good while.

/ Prices #5  
My dealer came down several thousand from list on what was a $40k machine. Then he threw in some nice freebies, like a Tip-n-Tilt 3 point hitch.

/ Prices #6  
rtm038 said:
Hello all,
I'm in the market to buy my first tractor and I was wondering if you can negotiate the sale price or do you just pay what's on the sticker.

Thanks
Ryan

Nothing's carved in stone. Prices are negotiable. Unless you're paying cash, look for the 0%/36/48/60 month deals. Dealers also give cash discounts occasionally on things like FELs. Yuo might also get a discount on implements like a brush hog rotary mower if you include it in your tractor purchase package.

If you're getting a front end loader (FEL), have the dealer weld chain hooks and reinforcing plates onto the bucket. My dealer welded these hooks new Mahindra 5525 (55 hp engine, 45 hp pto). You can get the hooks at AW Direct. They come in real handy.

Gunnebo-Johnson Grade 80 Weld-On Anchor Hook w/ 4,400 lb. WLL - 3-3/4"H x 5"L - Mfg# 589357

Weld-On Grab Hook - Grade 70 - 5/16" - Mfg# 11-516WGH

DSCF0064Small-1.jpg

Plan ahead. Consider your needs for hydraulic remotes. I have three remotes (2 quick disconnects per remote circuit) on the 5525. Dealer installed, $750.

DSCF0067Small-1.jpg

DSCF0066Small.jpg

Also consider a quick detach system for the bucket on your FEL. I neglected this one on the 5525 and will have to get it retrofitted.

/ Prices
Thanks for all of the responses everyone!

Ryan