Mahindra vs. Kubota

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / Mahindra vs. Kubota #101  
Exactly, started knocking in Oct.....didn't contact dealer, instead let it sit til May. (7 months) If you know the warranty expired in Oct. why would you not contact the dealer asap if you thought something may not be right?

Also look at the first post of this thread....

"Threw a rod with 186 hours, the same month that the warranty expired."

I thought it threw the rod in May? The story is continuously changing, which makes the whole situation even more questionable.
I think it was simply mis-stated. I will still give him the benefit of the doubt and still think Mahindra should act, one way or the other.
Many of us might have handled it differently but, it doesn't change the bad situation he's in now.
I'm actually not trying to be argumentative, I just think it has gone on for too long with no resolution.

/ Mahindra vs. Kubota #102  
Not trying to argue either, i apologize if it comes off that way. Just trying to set all the facts straight which is somewhat difficult when you go back and read all the posts he has made.

However I don't think it was mis-stated, it was reworded to make the customer not look like it was in anyway his fault.

-Mahindra supposedly told the customer "tough luck" the month the warranty expired when the tractor was only knocking. I don't know how or why they would tell him "tough luck" if the dealer hasn't even looked at the tractor.
-he says the rod threw the month the warranty expired (Oct. 07)
-later he says it threw the rod in May 07

I totally agree that it has been too long and exactly why I stated this earlier........

"I've dealt with issues that were out of warranty but I didn't wait and wait to hear back from Mahindra, I called them on a daily basis and my issue was taken care of quickly."

Any respectable dealer doesn't leave a tractor torn down in their shop for 5 months while the customer is waiting.

/ Mahindra vs. Kubota #103  
Sounds like YOU have a dog in the fight big john. I personally don't give a rat's behind one way or the other. but i'm sorry. this man is a classic crybaby and a chronic do-nothing-to help-himself complainer. he deserves the treatment he is getting. someone with some guts had to say it.

Theo

Maybe i have had to much coffee...
The man's tractor blew up. He is POed. whats up your *****???

/ Mahindra vs. Kubota #104  
I agree with the prev poster who said they should tell him to pack sand or fix the darned thing but there delay is NOT GOOD CUSTOMER RELATIONS.
Pat

Are all the facts known? Not to me. Is the OP a saint? Probably not. Is Mahindra the devil? Probably not. Should Mahindra get off the dime and, as I stated previously, either tell him to pound sand or put forth a solution? Yes, that is my opinion. The absolutely worst course of action is to pretend it doesn't exist and ignore it like a 4 year old with their fingers in their ears going, na na na na na I can't hear you! na na na.

I do have a **guess** that the failure rate of the engine family is much higher than expected and Mahindra is stalling in hopes that the OP just goes away. Often that is the "solution" to a bad quality problem. Not one that engenders much support from users, but often taken. I would guess that if the records of engine failures were subpoenaed, the op would find that there was a known fault in the build of his engine. Probably not catastrophic, but a higher failure rate due to a known faulty part or assembly procedure. Sadly, getting that information would cost more than the tractor is worth.

At this point, he can either keep chipping away and hope for some help -- or give up. I would rather he keep this quality issue in the forefront of public awareness. If they are not responding to his issue (neither positively nor negatively), then the odds are very high they will take the same course of action with other owners and other issues.

Based solely on the single side presented actions of Mahindra, I would NEVER purchase equipment from them nor recommend them to anyone. But that's just me.

Really, not all that big, john ;)

/ Mahindra vs. Kubota #105  
Mr. Jasper,

To me, your explanation of events was clear in your second post in this thread. You will find that if you post anything negative about a brand, particularly an "off-brand" tractor (i.e., not one of the big three), defenders will frequently come out of the woodwork to dissect your post and question every nuance. Don't worry about it.

The facts are clear. The tractor threw a rod at 186 hours. Mahindra appears to have a known problem with rod caps. This is likely the cause of your misfortune.

Yes, you should have called the dealer when the knocking first occurred. But you explained why you didn't call. I'm sure we all have experiences where we would do things different if given a second chance. Doesn't change the fact that the tractor has just 186 hours with a thrown rod.

Best of luck to you. Let's hope Mihindra does the right thing. Ether way, please let us know. You may help someone making a future decision.

/ Mahindra vs. Kubota #106  
Marrt,

Right on point. This thread took a nose dive early on.
You know It really doesn't matter if he danced on the hood of that tractor all winter. It still self destructed at 186 hrs. Barring evidence of serious abuse, that is entirely unacceptable. A few points:

1) 186 hrs, barely broken in

2) He is the CUSTOMER, the man who paid HIS money to a vendor for a product which is supposed to be known for its durability and reliability.
He paid a few thousand dollars for the right to complain or whine if he wants.

3) In or out of warranty 186 hour failure is bad news for a manufacturer
and a quick fix would cultivate a lot of good will while playing down a possibly defective part or design. When a company uses quality and reliability as selling points that sometimes entails doing out of warranty repairs, or repairs that might not be defects but might have the practical appearance of being so simply to uphold that reputation.

4) I know that if my dealer heard the word "knock" he would say let's get the tractor here and would work something out me or the manufacturer

5) In the end it is like so many companies today, that when a problem comes up it always "user error" , the customer's fault. But, that remains to be seen.

6) It's understandable why a dealer who sells the same product would be posting and casting doubt on this fellow but it is very disappointing to see so many tractor buddies start knawing on this guy right off when they admit they don't know him.

7)Even the biggest and best are sometimes slow to respond, so let's wait to see what Mahindra decides and hold off on removing any more layers of skin from Jasper for the moment.:)

/ Mahindra vs. Kubota #107  
Who's kidding who here. The motor is knocking and you think it's an injector? Ok, let's say that's so, however doubtful, but why in the hey would you not call the dealer? Foreget about getting it hauled in, at least call the dealer and ask some questions while it's under warr and get documentation. Wait around for a year later is irresponsible and sounds fishy.

On the flip side, 186 hrs is way too early for a rod to let go, then again, if a person can't afford a few bills to get a tractor towed into the shop, it's highly unlikely he could afford periodic maintenance. I would wonder if a person is irresponsible enough to let a tractor sit and go out of warr, would they be responsible enough to check an oil level????

/ Mahindra vs. Kubota #108  
Redriver, I too have thought there might be more to this story but... If it were me I'd not be happy to have a tractor that blew at 186 hrs AND find that it was a family trait.

Probably most of the "human saga" is just so much window dressing and red herrings. How do you blow a tractor engine in 186 hours? Drain the oil and work it hard? That would show. Known problem with that engine!

Pat

/ Mahindra vs. Kubota #109  
A rod failure at early hours would tend to make one think of assembly/casting/machining quality control issues rather than operator incompetence.

Ie; not enough check for cleanliness, blocked oil passages, bolt torques, case hardening factors, too cutting edge tolerance and the quality of the shells.:D [Very abbreviated list]

/ Mahindra vs. Kubota #110  
On the flip side, 186 hrs is way too early for a rod to let go, then again, if a person can't afford a few bills to get a tractor towed into the shop, it's highly unlikely he could afford periodic maintenance. I would wonder if a person is irresponsible enough to let a tractor sit and go out of warr, would they be responsible enough to check an oil level????
What kind of periodic maintenance would really be necessary in 186 hrs on a brand new tractor??

Assuming initial verification of dealer setup, probably nothing! At the very most the aircleaner may go critical if conditions are dusty.

Check for gas in the fuel. If not its a defect.

The man should not be taken advantage of just cuz he didnt move aggressively. Its just against some peoples nature.
larry

Status
Not open for further replies.