BX2200

/ BX2200 #1  

JMP

Tractor
BX 2200
DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY EXPERIENCE WITH CARVER EQUIPMENT CO.? THERE PRICES SEEM ALLFULL GOOD.
THE OLD SAYING COMES TO MIND" YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR". WY CAN THEY SELL SOMUCH CHEAPER THAN EVERYONE ELSE?

JMP

/ BX2200 #2  
JMP

My local Dealer's price was less then Carver Equipment when I purchased my BX2200 in December.

When all said and done including state tax the price was the same, but the Dealer is only 10 miles away and he has been very supporting.

Carver does sell large numbers of tractors and I am sure this helps in what he pays at wholesale level, thus lower cost to the buyer. But if my local dealer can sell the BX2200 less I would think other dealers could also.

/ BX2200 #3  
I have delt with Carver and would recommend them. They were able to get me the filters for my L3410 when everyone else was back ordered.

/ BX2200 #4  
I bought my tractor from Carver's and feel that the "you get what you pay for" does not apply in this case. Excellent service!/w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif The only big question is that of getting warranty work done and other required repairs at your local dealer which in my case has not been necessary yet and I'm betting that it probably will not be an issue.

Jeff

/ BX2200 #5  
One of the reasons they can (in some cases) sell less than others, is because they don't have the overhead associated with servicing all the tractors they ship around the country. Once it leaves their driveway, it's your problem... and your local dealer. (Who, by the way, is real excited about your purchase from them.)

/ BX2200 #6  
Mike,

I would call that competition. If my local dealer does not want me to buy from Carver, than they need to exceed or at least meet his business practices. I think that what Steve does makes it better for all of us. If you have a price and service expectation then you know when a business doesn't meet it.

By the way, I bought my tractor locally.

/ BX2200 #7  
JMP,
I purchased my BX2200 localy and have purchased other items from Carver Equipment. Some dealing was required but I got the local dealers to beat Carvers current price. I did have to pay sales tax but no shipping. From my experience and what I have heard here on TBN if your local dealer won't give you a fair price I would reccomend Carver.
Good Luck.

/ BX2200 #8  
I have been very impressed with Steve Carver's responsiveness and the fast turnaround on spare parts. I bought my BX from my local dealer but have been getting parts from Carvers.