JD5025 - Kubota 7040 - ?

/ JD5025 - Kubota 7040 - ? #21  
MessickFarmEqu said:
The comparison is for the Deere 5X03 series which is an indian made economey tractor. The 5X25 Series is a better tractor which is really what probably should be compared feature wise to an M-Series.

Both are good tractors, you'll be hard pressed to find anyone with complaints about either. In my mind its a questions of if you think green paint is worth $8,000.

Page 8 clearly states at the top of the page that the JD model compared to a Kubota M-7040 is a JD-5425.

You read page 1 where a Kubota M-5040 is compared to a JD-5X03.

Usually you get what you pay for.If someone wants to pay $44K for a JD 5425, they'll probably get more tractor, but $8,000 more "tractor" than Kubota? The jury is out on that.

I would say that if one looked at $8,000 stashed in a mutual funds account for 10 years (presumed life of tractor), you'd have a heck of a lot of money far a new one! :)

/ JD5025 - Kubota 7040 - ? #22  
If I could have bought a comparably equipped Kubota to the JD 5425 for $8,000 less, I would have bought the Kubota. I don't know where this 8 grand is coming from, but in my area, the Kubota is more expensive. Partly, I surmise due to the "trendiness" of Kubotas with the blonde, pony-tailed, designer jeans "horsey" set.

/ JD5025 - Kubota 7040 - ? #23  
Heywood Jannockitov said:
comparably equipped
is a very key term. I could not find a Kubota with the same options as the JD. I did the best I could, and in the end, the JD was worth the extra cost. In my area, there are some incentives from JD on the 5X25 series, which makes the tractor all the more appealing. :D

/ JD5025 - Kubota 7040 - ? #24  
Builder said:
Page 8 clearly states at the top of the page that the JD model compared to a Kubota M-7040 is a JD-5425.

You read page 1 where a Kubota M-5040 is compared to a JD-5X03.

Usually you get what you pay for.If someone wants to pay $44K for a JD 5425, they'll probably get more tractor, but $8,000 more "tractor" than Kubota? The jury is out on that.

I would say that if one looked at $8,000 stashed in a mutual funds account for 10 years (presumed life of tractor), you'd have a heck of a lot of money far a new one! :)

Hey, I heard the same redoric about how great Fords are and how Chevys suck... I see you have a Chevy now?

How you been Duane....:D

/ JD5025 - Kubota 7040 - ? #25  
Talk to ten different guys you'll get ten different answers. I now own four Kubota's, and have owned several other one's over the past few years. I have also bought some green tractors brand new. A 5400, a 5210, and a 4600. I have had serious problems with all three. All three times I was told by the dealer these issues were normal and pretty much tough cookies. I never dealt with Deere Corporate nor Kubota. The biggest factor in this whole deal is your dealer. If you have a good dealer you really should never need to talk to corporate. I have a REALLY GOOD Kubota dealer, and I have no issues. My green dealer is terrible, so guess what, I go with orange. Green cost more, and they have a few more gadgets, but my orange tractors do everything I need them to do with less gadgets and they do it dependably. My M6040 is out pulling a BushHog 2615 15' cutter over some pastures right now and doing it like a champ. It is 90 out there and it's not half way up on the temp gauge.

/ JD5025 - Kubota 7040 - ? #26  
Dargo said:
Much to my dismay though, when I have had a couple of issues with my Kubota products that were still under warranty, Kubota has done nothing. In saying 'nothing', they haven't a clue how to fix one problem and have dragged their feet for over a year on fixing another issue. I honestly feel that Kubota is trying to stall me until I'm out of warranty and then tell me "too bad for your luck".

CumminsLuke said:
The biggest factor in this whole deal is your dealer. If you have a good dealer you really should never need to talk to corporate.

If I had the experiences with Kubota that Dargo has had, I'd be looking for a different color tractor as well. However, I agree with CumminsLuke, it all depends on your dealer. Fortunately, I have an excellent Kubota dealer who handled all the dealings with Kubota and replaced the engine on my B3030 under warranty.

Vic

/ JD5025 - Kubota 7040 - ?
I know the 5025 series is probably more like the 7040 size and weight. Or would it be more like the 8540/9540? I like the bigger series kubotas (85/9540's). Just wonder if they are too much for what I have. Sure hate to sell some equipment to go bigger. Was going to swap mowers anyway so I guess doesnt matter. Only other thing is the pull type 8.5's and I actually just put them up for sell too. Only thing left is the tiller, pasture ripper. I guess i could keep the 7' box blade and yard tool.

The TN75 I have will hardly pull the 3830 - 3 bottom plow I have. Well it will pull it but not like the 6610 that was pulling them. The 6610 I think has a little more drawbar hp than the 75, but was 2 wheel drive, vs. 4x4. I would assume the 5425 has a tick more than the NH. I know the 85/9540's does. I would be the 7040 will not pull the 3830's. Guessing by weight.

/ JD5025 - Kubota 7040 - ? #29  
I know this is not what the topic asked, but the JD 5x03 is probably a closer comparison to the 7040.

/ JD5025 - Kubota 7040 - ?
It may but honestly the 3830 i think has 18" plows. They reverse not that it matters for turning ground but seem to be a tick more difficult to pull vs. 16" plows that we have always used with a set plow that doesnt reverse.

I wouldnt doubt it would pull the 15'. The TN75 seems to have some adequate power sometimes it seems very stoudt compared to other models. That is until i pulled the plows that the 6610 had been pulling. The old 6610 is hard to beat, just a good tried and true utility that has withstood the test of time it seems. The newer NH are ok just not the old "ford" of the past. I am not knocking them in anyway.