Update - JD 3520 or Kubota Grand L 3940

/ Update - JD 3520 or Kubota Grand L 3940 #1  

lilyflynn

Tractor
Kubota L4630
As my previous thread was shut down I wanted to get back to those who gave me sound advice. All of it was greatly appreciated, and yes, I spent a fair amount of time looking at every brand offered by dealers within a decent driving range.

I ended up with a Kubota L4630 tractor, LA853 FEL, RAD 72 snow blower, Muratori 72 flail mower, SMC Q.A. pallet forks, Modern 8 landscape rake and a deluxe sunshade to keep that bald head of mine from burning! My decision finally came down to a fair price, dealer service and the fact that these guys are 10 minutes from my farm.

The delivery is this Saturday and I'll post pictures of a few projects in the future. I'll also include my experience as a rookie on this tractor. I did opt for more HP because a great deal on the L4630 mostly triggered by one of you suggesting I look at more power. The JD folks were terrific but in the end the price was right on the Kubota.
:D

Last edited:
   / Update - JD 3520 or Kubota Grand L 3940 #2  
lilyflynn said:
As my previous thread was shut down I wanted to get back to those who gave me sound advice. All of it was greatly appreciated, and yes, I spent a fair amount of time looking at every brand offered by dealers within a decent driving range.

I ended up with a Kubota L4630 tractor, LA853 FEL, RAD 72 snow blower, Muratori 72 flail mower, SMC Q.A. pallet forks, Modern 8 landscape rake and a deluxe sunshade to keep that bald head of mine from burning! My decision finally came down to a fair price, dealer service and the fact that these guys are 10 minutes from my farm.

The delivery is this Saturday and I'll post pictures of a few projects in the future. I'll also include my experience as a rookie on this tractor. I did opt for more HP because a great deal on the L4630 mostly triggered by one of you suggesting I look at more power. The JD folks were terrific but in the end the price was right on the Kubota.
:D
Enjoy your new tractor.coobie

/ Update - JD 3520 or Kubota Grand L 3940 #3  
Congratulations on your new Kuboot.

I think you were a little smarter than I when you bought by getting most of your implements as part of the initial purchase package. I am buying mine one at a time. I suspect that I'm paying quite a bit more for mine that way.

Don't forget our pictures....

/ Update - JD 3520 or Kubota Grand L 3940
Tractor was delivered this past Saturday. I'm glad I spent time selecting implements off the bat and it was nice to get a break off the retail price for some of them. But what I'm most grateful for was having a dealer that asked several times "but what do you need that for"? So in the long run I saved money by not buying things that would have sat around most of the time getting little or no use. Kudos to Kerry Clark the owner of Swiftwater Tractors for being an honest guy!

Now I need to learn the fine art of not scalping every field I mow!

/ Update - JD 3520 or Kubota Grand L 3940 #6  
Wombat125 said:
I think you were a little smarter than I when you bought by getting most of your implements as part of the initial purchase package. I am buying mine one at a time. I suspect that I'm paying quite a bit more for mine that way.

Congrats!
Wombat....I dont think its a matter of "little smarter"....I think it boils down to how fast you want to get/need the implements.... Example...I picked up a JUST like new GB65 for less then 1/2 of MSRP...doubtful I coulda gotten a deal that good even as part of the tractor package...but had I needed it ASAP then yeah, you gotta sometimes pay the price...same with the Snow Blower I just bought...I think I got a VERY good deal on it...I got in on the Pre-Season Sale Order the dealer was placing...ETA is Mid Sept....

/ Update - JD 3520 or Kubota Grand L 3940 #7  
Congrats on the new tractor...have fun with all your upcoming projects. As far as the previous thread being shut down, I did read some posters get a little pissy with each other, but they did "make up" and maybe they're even making sand castles together as we speak. I was not involved in the heated exchange, but do we really need to shut down a thread that gets a little heated? This was not "thread rage" and IMO a thread should run unless there is obvious profanity. Ok, got that off my chest, now let's get back to playing marbles and hopscotch together. Once again CONGRATS on your tractor...post some pics of it and even your projects...would love to see them. ENJOY!