Thoughts on adaptability of sub-compacts

/ Thoughts on adaptability of sub-compacts #21  
ray66v said:
...the GC2310 is designed to be an "estate" tractor.

I own an "estate"? Wow, that's awesome! :cool:

Hey Honey, look at this....says right here on the TBN that we have an "estate".

Better get out the good plastic dinnerware, open up an extra can of brown bread, and invite the neighbors over for an "estate" party.

:D :D

Jay

/ Thoughts on adaptability of sub-compacts #22  
jaybrad said:
Better get out the good plastic dinnerware, open up an extra can of brown bread, and invite the neighbors over for an "estate" party.
Jay

I always get looked down on by the neighbors because I always pick the wrong cheese in a can to go with my wine in a box.

/ Thoughts on adaptability of sub-compacts #23  
When I first came here, this was all swamp.

Everyone said I was daft to drive a tractor in a swamp, but I drove in all the same, just to show them. It sank into the swamp.

So I bought a second one. That sank into the swamp.

So I drove in a third. That burned down, fell over on its side, THEN sank into the swamp.

But the fourth tractor stayed up!! And that's what you're going to get, Lad, the strongest Kubota in all of England!

classic

/ Thoughts on adaptability of sub-compacts #24  
I own an "estate"? Wow, that's awesome! :cool:

Hey Honey, look at this....says right here on the TBN that we have an "estate".

:D :D

Jay

No, I said it was designed to be an "estate" tractor.

It does not mean everyone who buys one, has an estate.

.. sorry. :(

/ Thoughts on adaptability of sub-compacts #25  
No, I said it was designed to be an "estate" tractor.

It does not mean everyone who buys one, has an estate.

.. sorry. :(

Yeah, but from high school I remember that if A = B, and B = C, then A = C.

So therefore, if 2310 tractor = estate tractor, and if I own a 2310 tractor, then I own an estate. :D

Can't argue with science. :rolleyes:

Jay

/ Thoughts on adaptability of sub-compacts #26  
Yeah, but from high school I remember that if A = B, and B = C, then A = C.

So therefore, if 2310 tractor = estate tractor, and if I own a 2310 tractor, then I own an estate. :D

That's the transitive property of equality.

Enjoy your estate. ;)

/ Thoughts on adaptability of sub-compacts #27  
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyinIowa
When I first came here, this was all swamp.

Everyone said I was daft to drive a tractor in a swamp, but I drove in all the same, just to show them. It sank into the swamp.

So I bought a second one. That sank into the swamp.

So I drove in a third. That burned down, fell over on its side, THEN sank into the swamp.

But the fourth tractor stayed up!! And that's what you're going to get, Lad, the strongest Kubota in all of England!

Classic, indeed!

But I don't want any of that. I'd rather --

/ Thoughts on adaptability of sub-compacts #28  
I've breached this topic before and at that time simply decided to keep my Massey GC2310 because I was being cheap. However in the last several months I've continued to run into some of the same situations that made me rethink my purchase initially. Essentially the sub-compact just doesn't have the ground clearance to drive in the woods on my land.

Same story here. I bought a GC2310, rather than something bigger, because I thought it would do everything that I needed it for, and going bigger (with a backhoe attachment) would have cost a lot more.

I really like my GC2310, but:

1) low ground clearance
2) not a lot of power to the loader/backhoe

The fix for 1) is to put underbody shielding in place, to protect the hydraulic filter/etc. It's on my list of things to do, to mock up a skid plate out of wood, for the local welder to duplicate out of steel for me.

There is no fix for 2), though I did get a toothbar for the loader, which helps a lot when I'm digging/moving earth.

The lack of power to the loader/backhoe wasn't an issue when I bought my GC2310, because I also have a Case 680 backhoe. HOWEVER the motor just died on the Case last week, and a rebuild would cost $8000-$10000, which is more than the backhoe is worth. So right now all I have left to do my digging is the GC2310.

/ Thoughts on adaptability of sub-compacts #29