Kubota vs. New Holland?

/ Kubota vs. New Holland? #1  

Horseman

First, I just discovered this site and gosh, what a wealth of information. I have 5 acres in California with a couple of horses and am looking to buy either the Kubota 7500 or New Holland TC25. Prices seem comparable, but am leaning toward the Kubota because they have been around longer.
Dealer is offering B7500HSD with front loader and a Gearmore 48" box scraper for $13,700.
Is anyone familiar with Gearmore products? What are the pros and cons of Kubota vs. New Holland?
Would appreciate any advice on these issues.

/ Kubota vs. New Holland? #2  
While I think they have both been around a while, I am pretty sure you aren't going to find any antique Kubotas at a tractor show...if you look hard, you may just find some antique New Hollands...but you'll need to look hard since they used to be called "Fords" at one time.

Just kidding, but New Holland is Ford and Ford is New Holland...one bought the other, but in either case they have been around longer than Kubota.

Both are fine tractors however/w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

/ Kubota vs. New Holland? #3  
Welcome Horseman. I find the site very valueable as well. I recently purchased a B7500. In my location, SE Wisconsin, there are more Kubota Dealers near by and the pricing for the smaller Kubota's is a significantly lower than NH or JD. For what it's worth, I paid $12,200 for mine with hydro and loader. Purchased a rear finish mower, but not from the dealer.
Dave

/ Kubota vs. New Holland? #4  
Horseman,

When I was shopping, I noticed that for a given HP, the Kubotas tend to be a little smaller in size. Also, I thought they don't have as much room as the New Hollands. I'm 6'10", so that's a big issue for me. I ended up buying a TC29D. It's been a great tractor. In fact, I like it so much, that I bought a TC40D a year and a half later.

I have a 60" Gearmore scraper on the TC29D. I've been very happy with it. By the way, do you mind telling where you are located? I'm in the San Diego area. There are a couple more CA members, but I think they are all in the north.

/ Kubota vs. New Holland? #5  
Horseman -- Don't overlook dealer quality. If you have a better feel about one -- especially if you notice that one dealer's service department stands head and shoulders above the other -- that should be an important consideration.

Pete
Kubota L3010

/ Kubota vs. New Holland? #6  
Horseman--

Read a bunch and drive a bunch and and you'll be fine with whatever you get. I may be wrong about this, but I think most of the regulars here would suggest buying the manufacturer's FEL, guaranteed to fit and no possibility for finger pointing if things were to go wrong, unless there was a really good reason to buy an aftermarket loader.

/ Kubota vs. New Holland?
John,
I'm in Jamul, out on Lyons Valley Rd. You?

/ Kubota vs. New Holland? #8  
I agree with Boondox. Go to the dealer that will treat you best. This does not necessarily mean the best price, but who will take care of you during and after the sale. This is worth more than a hundred or two in savings. Both are excellent tractors. Good luck!

/ Kubota vs. New Holland? #9  
Horseman,

I'm in Escondido. I never imagined you might be so close. If your interested, I'm selling my TC29D (bought a TC40D). Even if you're not interested in used, I can probably arrange for you to "play" on one! I'm at jrwdlw@cox.net