Iseki TS4510 - Can I sell it?

/ Iseki TS4510 - Can I sell it? #1  

Griggs

As 'green as grass' we bought a tractor for a 30 acre farm in Sussex. The tractor is an Iseki TS4510 with bucket & topper.

We have hardly used it and it only has very low hours on the clock. We are now renting out the farm and have been told that the tractor is a 'grey import' and that parts are not available in the UK. It also does not have a H&S certificate so we've been advised that our tenants cannot use it as we would be liable if they had an accident on it. The groundcare equipment firm that sold it to us did not tell us any of this and we paid 」5000 plus VAT. The MD has not returned my calls. Although we've only used it for about a week in total, it is five years since we bought it and so I don't hold out much hope of getting anywhere with the original seller.

Is there anything you can do to sell this type of machine please and would we be liable for any problems if we sold it because it does not have a H&S certificate?

Thanks for your time - getting a little less green by the day!

/ Iseki TS4510 - Can I sell it? #2  
I don't know the laws of the U.K. or about H&S certificates but grey market tractors are pretty popular in the USA. Iseki has good parts support here for most models.

/ Iseki TS4510 - Can I sell it? #3  
You might try contacting a TBN member from the UK by a private message. The one who comes to mind is Mith, who has been quite active on this and other boards, although he doesn't seem to have been active here for a few months.

Hope this helps

/ Iseki TS4510 - Can I sell it?
Thank you very much for your help. I'll follow up on that.