Which Pressure Washer

/ Which Pressure Washer #31  
My washer also has an auto cool down cycle and it also says to pull the trigger every two minutes or so. I think they all have that feature, all that I looked at when I was shopping for one seemed to but I could be wrong. I have not found it a problem to worry over.
I think the problem people have (read as guys) with pressure washers and peeling their paint etc is that just cuz you got a super turbo blaster nozzle in the kit does not mean you should snap it on and stand 4 inches from the tractor and BLAST away! It will take the paint off lickity split and if pointed at the skin-eyes--face it will cause a really nasty mess. I think goggles and common sense and long pants and shoes should be worn so you do not hydrodermically inject your feet by accident. Yep, they can punch a hole right trhought the skin. Also--do not as a tease spray your dogs, cats, children, wife--it will hurt them and possibly badly. My unit with the "blaster" nozzle installed will cut open a plastic mulch bag from 20 feet and the bag looks like it has been hit by a mini machine gun. Hey, these things are not toys. J

/ Which Pressure Washer #32  
I read somewhere that "cleaning" = PSI * GPM

Too much PSI can damage what you are cleaning, so the only way to safely get more cleaning is to increase the GPM.

Cheap pumps don't have (I don't remember the name, but a valve to make sure you don't have back pressure on the pump when the hose isn't squirting) so will burn out VERY quickly. They are designed that way for two reasons - one is they are cheaper and second - to make you buy another unit.

I have a small costco special electric unit. It was marginal at the old house but did a fair job at washing down the house and the cars. It is too small for cleaning patio's or getting to a second story house wall.

I already have too many "small gasoline motors". I don't want to buy another. I have looked at the combination units that have a gasoline motor that you can "attach" generators, pressure washers and other attachments but they typically cost at least as much as the individual components so saving the maintence of extra motors is traded against the convenience of not having to swap attachments.

So, I guess I would suggest you look around and see if you think you can get by with the largest GPM electric you can find. If so, go with it. If not, then you are stuck with yet another noisy, smelly, maintence load gasoline motor to service every time you use it and at least one more time a year.

/ Which Pressure Washer #33  
I think I may have the same unit.
Generac from Home depot? I think it has a 5 H-P Brigs.
Works great.
Costs about $400.

/ Which Pressure Washer #34  
Mine has a 6.5 Briggs Intek Pro. I am sure thay are similar features etc. I know it is not a super great unit but it seems to work well and has given me no problems. I am pleased with it. I will go bigger next time and get a CAT pump etc. J

/ Which Pressure Washer
Ranchman
I got the same unit you have from HB. They told me to print the internet special and bring it so I did. Neato! The little booger works just great! I blasted some old dried on grease from my car motor in no time. I hooked the hose up to the hot water heater and used hot water - worked great.

It is a surprisingly powerful unit, especially when adjusted to stream - I will stay away from that setting! Only having occasional use so I decided to avoid a gas unit. I figure the carb and valves would lacquer and gum up from lack of use.

I thank everyone for their input, I didn't know anything about PW's and I learned a lot. Will it knock the bugs and road grime from a motorcycle or ??? Thank you!

/ Which Pressure Washer #36  
Frosty

Great!

Hope you continue to enjoy it as I have mine. Although the big gas ones could sure be nice for some things, I've found mine completely adequate for my uses - sounds like you have too so far. /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

Just make sure you aren't standing in a big puddle barefoot when you are plugging it in!!! /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif /w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif

/ Which Pressure Washer #37  
If you have a Kmart that is closing, go look at their pressure washer sale. I bought one last week for $159 (was $219). It is powed by briggs and stratton engine, produces 1900psi at 2.5gpm.
Seemed like a good deal to me!

/ Which Pressure Washer #38  
Wow, that sounds like a good deal. Since I haven't had any luck in finding a bearing for my pump (it's a funky size). $159 is less than the cost of a new pump. Now to find a K Mart that's closing.

/ Which Pressure Washer #39  
One thought on the war of gas or electric. I have an unfinished basement that will never be finished. It is my garage/work shop. Every several years I like to gut it of my junk and power wash it. My family had a cheapy electric that got fried and now owns a gas. I don't think I want to run the gas in the house with my one year old boy upstairs (and I guess wife). Just food for thought.

/ Which Pressure Washer #40  
You can couple a longer hose to the wand. The manual will tell you how long you can go... But, I then never quite understood why they had length restictions. I mean it's all high pressure up to the wand... Does the Washer have "work rights" protection from the gov't?

Use the hose left over from the fried elect unit...... Be a lot quieter on the wand end also with the washer outside......

Tom