best selling

/ best selling #1  

fluffyone

Bronze Member
Ok Guys just a general question I have heard that MF is the best selling tractor in the world. But i am assuming that is all sizes and brands of Agco combined.

My question is what is the best selling Conpact tractor in the US? And why?

Now i do not know if there is an offical description of what a compact tractor is, but i am think of 40 hp and down.

this will never change what each one of thinks is the best, but it may be fun. also if you would like to tell me why you think a certain brand is better i would love to read it

/ best selling #3  
From the posts I have read written by Messick I would say Kubota.
Why---They are good tractors, a recognizable name, and they advertise a fair amount. When I bought my Kioti everyone in the vally thought I had a Kubota.
I will say where I live JD compacts are very popular, I would guess No. 1.

/ best selling #4  
No one can say 100% for sure. I've heard numbers from several companies and they work out somthing like this...

under 50Hp...
Kubota 50%
Deere 25%
CNH 10%
All others combined 15%

under 100Hp Kubota has 40%, reflecting that New Holland and Deere are much strongers in the AG/Utility segment than they are in compacts.

We all know that you can make the numbers show whatever you want to prove. For example, CNH is the largest equipment company in the world. However that was after their aquisition of Case and Kolbelco. AGCO is #1 when you don't count CNH's construction division where AGCO does not sell machines. In total global sales its somthing like CNH, Agco, Deere.

/ best selling #5  
I think "reading between the Lines" the question is who gives away the "best" tractor for the least amount of money the most!!!!!?????under 40 hp Zero percent Financing----Do you really think it is Zero??---too who??---the manufacturer can not give product away and stay in business---the dealer can not give product away and stay in business---how ever some large companies have a large turn over of small dealers not in the loop cause they rob them of all their capital and move on to another target!!! Consider what a used tractor and a new tractor are really worth when you subtract out the 0% financing----they don't pay those marketing department big bucks for selling used equipment!!!!

/ best selling
Probably from a MF guy, right ?

No i am not a MF guy, i really just wanted to know what everyones thoughts were. It like Ford and GM. But someone has to be number one.