Sales Tax & Financing

/ Sales Tax & Financing #11  
carl, we got rid of her. we shipped her off to frank 15's neighborhood...it,s pretty sad how people will buy the junk that they market under thier names.ever see hgtv? those shows with the women who make junk with hot glue guns? it kills me. those are the people that they target..

/ Sales Tax & Financing #12  
Well, I live in the wonderful state of VA. I have been paying “property” tax on a vehicle I lease (hey, it’s not my property…I just lease it) to the tune of about 4.5% EVERY YEAR. So I decided to just buy the vehicle as the lease was about up. Guess what? Now I get to also pay another 2% sales tax this year on the residual value.

So let’s see…I get taxed on the money when I make it, taxed when I spend it, taxed on the property I spent it on, and taxed when I pass along the property to my grandkids. Ok, yes, sounds fair.

I believe if people REALLY knew and considered how much money we get taxed in this country, we would have another Boston Tea Party. If we ever do, count me in.

/ Sales Tax & Financing #13  
Ralph,

Now there's a pear, Ralph Lauren and the kmart lady selling paint in your local store..

It's too bad that society buy image before quality and value today.

Oops, forgot this is a tractor forum.

So we will still Live Free or Die in NH, no matter what happens in the other 49

/ Sales Tax & Financing #14  
hazmat, I don't know about a new tractor but I bought a year old NH from a private party and received the "Title" for it from the finance co. When I inquired about a new title I was advised that I would have to pay sales tax on the book value (more than I paid). I had the previous owner sign the title but not date in case I ever have to sell it (the Dept. of revenue will assess penalty and interest from the date you bought it if it is dated).

Bill C

/ Sales Tax & Financing #15  
Personally I think that Martha is one heck of a woman. Anybody who can personaly make all that stuff with her name on it has to be one of the most busiest people on earth. And she does it all from scratch. She picks the cotton to make the towels. Digs the ore, melts it down, hammers it out to make the shovels. Hand dips the water out of Lake Erie and adds different dye's to make all that paint..... Just amazing... And, we laugh at her. She is the one laughing. She probably makes enough to buy the John Deere Company.

Can you imagine her building tractors and the pastel colors she would paint them?

/ Sales Tax & Financing #16  
So THATS where McChalkey got the idea for his pink EF-5!!! /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

/ Sales Tax & Financing #17  
<font color=blue>She probably makes enough to buy the John Deere Company.</font color=blue>

Only if she has approximately $10.64 billion, which according to Bloomberg is current market cap as of today's closing prices. /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

/ Sales Tax & Financing
Thanks for the info guys.

BillC, Where in MA are you? I grew up in Dartmouth.

Now, If I could just get Martha to buy me a tractor... I suppose I'd let her pick implements based on color & style, so long as she was paying the bill.

Hazmat

/ Sales Tax & Financing #20  
<font color=blue>"...I suppose I'd let her pick implements based on color & style..."</font color=blue>

Be careful here hazmat. She may choose chartruse, salmon, or one of those real 'cute' colors she favors in paints, wallpapers, towels and the like. Then, you'll really have all the gals chasing after you when you're tractoring...but it may be the tractor they may be after. /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif