Tractor Sizing Nd advice on tractor size, Kubota?

/ Nd advice on tractor size, Kubota? #1  

farmercc

Currently have 2000 yds of loam to screen, 750 yds clean sand. Plan to process and sell using 12k dump trailer w/pickup. Also have 72" Landpride Rock Rake.. maybe use to spread sold loam.

Building horse barn w/6 stalls. Nd minor trench work, utility lines, occassionaly stump (small). Lots of fencing to install. Half acre of scrub using Woods 150 brush cutter. No lawn cutting required.

I forsee maintenance of 600' drive plus 2 parking areas, manure loading and hay moving. Snow removal requires blower vs plow due to dense surrounding brush.

I just sold a 247B Caterpillar since all it could do is pile the loam. Based on maintenance alone, I like the B3030 w/Cab front blower, FEL. Based on loam I like the L39 -2 very different machines. I've been told to rent an excavator to handle the digging and buy a tractor for maintenance. Can someone lend an opinion on what makes sense??:confused:

/ Nd advice on tractor size, Kubota? #2  
I use my B3030 HDSC for snow blowing and light excavating and landscaping and it works great. I also use it for powering my wood chipper and wood cutting activities. It is very manueverable for getting in tight spots, yet powerful.

/ Nd advice on tractor size, Kubota?
Thx for the info... everything I've read indicates a strong machine..

Have you used a FEL or BH on her?

I'd be going back and forth with the blower/FEL... Whats the time, complexity to remve the snowblower?

/ Nd advice on tractor size, Kubota? #4  
I used the FEL to build a retaining wall and it performed like a champ. I used it for digging since I don't have a BH, but my soil is sand so the FEL did just fine.