John deere 70hp? Mahindra?

/ John deere 70hp? Mahindra? #1  

jordanbrown

I've looked on the website for new tractors, but I really can't tell which JD would be best. Any suggestions for these requirements

65-70 engine hp
4wd
2 hydrolic remotes on back (4plugs)
no cab

Vs, a similar mahindra, any comments?

/ John deere 70hp? Mahindra? #2  
I've had a lot of tractors - still do - and most of them were good....even excellent. But the one that always makes me smile when I pass by is the old JD. It's a keeper. I don't know what it is about JD that is special; but year after year it works for me. I've long since forgotten what I paid for it. It's simply become an old friend.
rScotty

/ John deere 70hp? Mahindra? #3  
I've looked on the website for new tractors, but I really can't tell which JD would be best. Any suggestions for these requirements

65-70 engine hp
4wd
2 hydrolic remotes on back (4plugs)
no cab

Vs, a similar mahindra, any comments?

you want simple or you want fancy? if you want simple here's what i'd suggest you look at if you wanna look at John Deere.

5303(64 engine hp)
5403(74 engine hp)

this series(5003) comes with two transmission types, but since you want 4wd you'll get the 9x3 SyncShuttle. they also come STANDARD with one remote, and the option to add another one(giving you two total). i thought i heard someone say on here you could get as much as 3 rear remotes, but don't hold me to that.

now if you like bells and whistles and a light wallet, then take a look at the 5325(67 engine hp). 3 transmission choices with the option of power reverser, alot more options to chose from at this level but you also pay a pretty good premium too($$$). not to say they're overpriced, they're not at all, just that if you want simple look at the 5003 series, if you need more then just basic then deffinatley look at a 5325.

i recently bought a 5203 MFWD and absolutley love it. VERY strong tractor, runs super smooth(this coming from a guy who owned a tractor with a 3cyl Yanmar in it), fuel efficient, etc.

/ John deere 70hp? Mahindra? #4  
A lot of people say the mahindra is the way to go because it is the heaviest in it class and the most power in it class.

/ John deere 70hp? Mahindra? #5  
Next to the Mahindra 7520 4x4, the John Deere really doesn't compare for the money. You will end up with a lot lighter tractor, less gear selections, and the second set of remotes will be optional. Test drive a Mahindra 7520 4wd, and you won't find a more comfortable tractor. I may a little bias but I think you will what I say to be true. Good luck and enjoy what ever tractor you buy.

/ John deere 70hp? Mahindra? #6  
Early last year I compared a similar sized Mahindra tractor to John Deere. I don't have anything negative to say about Mahindra. They make very solid tractors and, in my opinion, they were far better than others I considered, but soon scratched, like Kioti and Montana. For me, it came down to the JD having the exact equipment I wanted and, perhaps most importantly, having numerous JD dealers in my area and zero Mahindra dealers (other than roadside stands). If Mahindra had large quality dealers in my area with good track records my choice may have been different. As it is, I bought JD and have been very pleased with my tractor. Good luck!

/ John deere 70hp? Mahindra? #7  
Rollingsfarms is right on with his analysis of the '03 series and '25 series.

With respect to the '03 series of tractors, I believe that someone stated on one of our JD discussions that the '03 now has the capability of 2 rear remotes and also still have the midmount remotes for the loader. At one time, one rear was all you could get and still have a loader. You will want to double check the two rear remotes with the loader.
As Rollingsfarms said, the 03 are basic tractors. I kept my 5203.

I have a new 5235 not yet used. Was out on the road on the way to the farm at 0400 this morning when it started raining and I turned around and came home. Wish I could give you a play by play on performance comparison between the 03's ( I have 5203 in 2WD) and the 5325 but I can't seem to get off work or get the weather to cooperate.

I cannot comment on the Mahindra or any other brands. Just supporting Rollingsfarms analysis of the JD's offering in that HP range.

JD parts support ( I have other JD products) has been excellent in my experience. This is not to criticize any other product brands, just to state my experience with JD.

/ John deere 70hp? Mahindra? #8  
Go to the Montana section and read the comments about them. If you have a good montana dealer in your area i would recommend thinking about them. Montana uses a John Deere engine in their 70 horsepower tractors. 2 remotes are standard equipment. I have a 49 horsepower montana 4 wheel drive with a cab and I have been very pleased with it The overwhelming majority of the owners in the website have been very pleased with theirs. Like any other brand of tractor you want to make sure that there is a dealer that is near to your place

/ John deere 70hp? Mahindra? #9  
I have a John Deere 5325 and could not recommend the machine more. I also have a New Holland TN75 which apparently has more power than the 5325 (75 hp versus 67 hp for the 5325), but in comparison, the 5325 simply is a more powerful machine. I use mine to pull a 10 foot sunflower disc and as long as it is pretty dry it will pull the disc fine through even heavy debris.

Options to get if you get a 5325:
- 24 by 24 speed transmission (possibly the best feature of the tractor)
- isolated platform (or cab if you are getting fancy)
- MFWD (obviously for the fuel savings and convenience)
- 540/540E PTO (I pull a 10 foot mower all the time in 540E and the tractor has no problem with it even in taller grass)
- if you are operating on hills get the wheels spaced wide and get a lot of weight

I have not looked at Mahindra's offerings and so my post may not be as useful as others. What I can say is that the 5325 is an extremely satisfying piece of equipment that is very reliable, economical on fuel, and comfortable to run.

/ John deere 70hp? Mahindra? #10  
I have a John Deere 5325 and could not recommend the machine more. I also have a New Holland TN75 which apparently has more power than the 5325 (75 hp versus 67 hp for the 5325), but in comparison, the 5325 simply is a more powerful machine. I use mine to pull a 10 foot sunflower disc and as long as it is pretty dry it will pull the disc fine through even heavy debris.

Options to get if you get a 5325:
- 24 by 24 speed transmission (possibly the best feature of the tractor)
- isolated platform (or cab if you are getting fancy)
- MFWD (obviously for the fuel savings and convenience)
- 540/540E PTO (I pull a 10 foot mower all the time in 540E and the tractor has no problem with it even in taller grass)
- if you are operating on hills get the wheels spaced wide and get a lot of weight

I have not looked at Mahindra's offerings and so my post may not be as useful as others. What I can say is that the 5325 is an extremely satisfying piece of equipment that is very reliable, economical on fuel, and comfortable to run.

I am sure that I would agree with you 100 per cent. The biggest problem with John Deere tractors in my opinion is the price. If you make a living with your tractor I would not hesitate to recommend buying one. There are John Deere dealers every where. Part are usually plentiful. However if you dont have to have one to make a living you can get some very good tractors for quite a bit less. I paid 25000 for my Montana, the best price the john deere rep could get me for something equivalent was 33000 that is a big difference. I think it all depends on what you are going to do with your tractor.