New Guy From NC

/ New Guy From NC #1  

ducboy

Tractor
None yet
Hi everyone,

New guy here,
I just moved to Wilmington area of NC about 8 or 9 months ago from PA.
We moved into a 10 acre rural property that is about 2 to 3 acres of mowable grass and the rest is pine woods with trails.

I have an Exmark from my previous place for the grass cutting but definately need something else for the rest of the property. I am primarily looking at Kubota and Massey since both seem to be prevalent in the area.

I need to have a good bush hog, and a chipper shredder would have saved me tons of work following Hanna last week.

I have noticed a large Massey presence in Pender county,
can anyone shed some light on the overall preference in this area and why?
From the Massey/Kubota angle?

Thanks in advance
Ed

/ New Guy From NC #2  
They're both good tractors, so if one is really more prevalent than the other, I'd almost bet it's because that dealer either provides better service or is a better salesman.:D But of course you want to keep in mind that's just my guess; I'm not familiar with that area at all.

/ New Guy From NC #3  
Buy a Kubota.

Not that I am biased or anything.

Steve

P.S. - Ducboy is my brother, so he has heard it all before... :D

/ New Guy From NC #4  
Welcome to NC. I live towards the middle of the state. New Hollands and John Deeres are all I see. Bird is right, go with who has the best dealer service reputation. Most name brands are alike today. Good luck with your purchase and let us know how it turns out. We do like pictures here!

Wally

/ New Guy From NC #5  
I will put my Kubotas up against Massey any time. You will not see the Massey's on commercial jobs anything like other brands. Kubota builds their own (who else builds all of their machines, seriously). I am just west of Myrtle Beach and no idea on dealerships in Wilmington area but there is a good one a few miles west of you just off of I 95. If there are no Kubota dealerships there you are comfortable with then I would may look at the JD or NH.

As to the presence of the Masseys there, you probably are correct, a good dealership. kt