Is it extravagant?

/ Is it extravagant? #11  
Hazmat

<font color=red>"Why are we even talking about this, you know you are going to end up buying one anyway" <font color=black>

This must be a standard phrase taught in how to be a woman school. My wife always says the exact same thing. I don't have to be told twice./w3tcompact/icons/grin.gif Do it before she changes her mind.

My wife always tells everybody she is afraid to open the garage door when she comes home. She never knows what she is going to find. Tractor a couple times, numerous boats. trailers, dune buggy,etc. Still looking for something, don't know what it is but I will when I see it./w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

/ Is it extravagant? #12  
My solution was to buy used. That helped to keep it under the boss's not over my dead body radar. Generally any of the diesel compacts will outlive you. Ever a tractor with some hours on it will very likely give you many years of faithful service. It is true that there is something very special about a new tractor, but then again the pain is great when that branch knocks off a turn signal on a new tractor. /w3tcompact/icons/shocked.gif

Chris

/ Is it extravagant? #13  
Here's the way you have to handle it. When I decided I needed a tractor, I just backed her up to the wall and said "See here, I need a tractor, I WANT a tractor, and we are going to get a tractor!!" Of course, understanding that the MAN of the house had spoken, she got on her knees and begged for forgiveness for having questioned my judgment.

Any of you believe that crap? /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

/ Is it extravagant? #14  
Sounds exactly like my wife, Golfgar4 - not a selfish bone in her body. I'll bet that neither of us appreciate them enough.

TBone

/ Is it extravagant? #15  
<font color=blue>"I'll bet that neither of us appreciate them enough."</font color=blue>

Travis,

I couldn't agree with you more! /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif/w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

/ Is it extravagant? #16  
Steve,

<font color=blue>Any tips on convincing her?</font color=blue>

Just let her know that it will save your back and prevent you from becoming a cripple in your latter years with all that snow that may have to be removed and firewood that needs lugging around. /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

Bob

/ Is it extravagant? #18  
I hate to tell you this, but my wife purchased my jd4310. She went out haggled with (3) dealers got a good price, and I have used it like crazy. One thing I haven't been able to do is get her to drive it. It is eHydro ps everything on it. I've had friends tell me it drives easier than some cars.

/ Is it extravagant? #19  
I can't believe my eyes. What are you guys? Men or mice? I wear the pants in my house, whatever pair she tells me too!!

/ Is it extravagant? #20  
Buy it for her for her birthday and tell her you'll be very hurt if she wants to return it./w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif Let her know its actually a better investment than any car, it will out last them and hold its value a lot longer than any car.