JD 3005 or Mahindra 2815

/ JD 3005 or Mahindra 2815 #1  

tjse9006

Bronze Member
Tractor
JD 4044M, 825I
I posted a week or so ago asking about used tractors. I have decided that with the 0% financing I could afford a new one. Both of these tractors are gear drive and both have about the same HP. I will be mostly brush hoggin, mowin and moving dirt etc. while I'm building my house. Eventually I will working a small field I have 16 acres. The JD is about $1000 more. Any advice for a first time tractor buyer?

/ JD 3005 or Mahindra 2815 #2  
I'd take a good hard look at the Mahindra. Here's why...

1. It's overall heavier than the Deere
2. The loader lift capacity is higher
3. The 3-point lift capacity is higher
4. The transmission in the 2816 has 9 forward and 3 reverse gears vs. 8F and
2R in the Deere. (according to their website).
5. It's a $1000.oo less, (according to you)

Both tractors use the 2-stage clutch for the live PTO.
The Mahindra has wet disc brakes I believe. I don't remember if the Deere does or not.
Also the Mahindra has a great layout. I have the 2015 which is similar but smaller. Love it. Amazingly strong tractor.

/ JD 3005 or Mahindra 2815 #3  
I posted a week or so ago asking about used tractors. I have decided that with the 0% financing I could afford a new one. Both of these tractors are gear drive and both have about the same HP. I will be mostly brush hoggin, mowin and moving dirt etc. while I'm building my house. Eventually I will working a small field I have 16 acres. The JD is about $1000 more. Any advice for a first time tractor buyer?

All 2815's were hydros, so you are probably looking at a 2816 if it is a gear. It's a very capable tractor, basically the newest version of the 2615 which has been a best seller.

I'm not familiar with the JD 3005, but the Mahindra is built in Japan by Mitsubishi and the quality is excellent.

Since the price and capabilities are similar, consider the dealer's reputation and capabilities also.

/ JD 3005 or Mahindra 2815 #4  

The 3005 is a renamed 790. I have one and it is a great tractor. It is a Yanmar design with a Yanmar engine. In my opinion you can't go wrong with this tractor if you are looking for a gear tractor. I've got a lot of weight on my box blade and I have no problem lifting it. The hydraulics let me lift as much on the FEL as the tractor can handle. It has more power than traction even with the wheels filled.

/ JD 3005 or Mahindra 2815 #5  
I was debateing recently between the 3005 and a 3320. I end up with the 3320 because I couldn't come to terms with myself to spend the amount of money need for a 3005 when the loader and 3 pt lift capacity is out classed by a smaller tractor (the 2000 series w/ 200cx loaders). I have never looked at Mahindra's but I hear that if you want the most bang for your buck, there the way to go. But if I had your choice I think I would probably go with the 3005, as stated its just a rebaged 790, which is a rock solid, tried and true design.

/ JD 3005 or Mahindra 2815 #6  
The Mahindra 2816 Mitsubishi made is also a tried and true tractor as it was first introduced in this country in the late 1980s under the Case IH name, then the Cub Cadet name, and now the Mahindra name. If you compare all of the specifications and try both of the tractors, Mahindra and Deere, you will find the Mahindra to be a little more tractor than the Deere. You should try both of these tractor as your comfort operating them is important.

/ JD 3005 or Mahindra 2815 #8  
:D:D:D:D:D:DMAHINDRA :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D