I'm in the market for a new rear blade for my 3720 JD

/ I'm in the market for a new rear blade for my 3720 JD #1  

vibeman

Tractor
John Deere, 3720
I'm getting ready to purchase a new rear blade for my 3720 JD with turf tires. I would like to purchase a well built blade with tilt, offset and rotate capabilities. I've looked at the Land Pride RB35 but open to other brands. In addition, I need to know how large of a blade I can put on my tractor and still be able to rotate the blade 180 degrees without removing. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Sincerely,
Rick

/ I'm in the market for a new rear blade for my 3720 JD #2  
I have a landpride RBT4096. Hydraulic angle, manual offset and tilt. It is a little too much for my 3720 but I like heavy duty blades. Don't worry about the blade being too wide to swing around. They are designed to swing around without hitting the tractor, regardless of the width. I think a little heavier duty blade is better for moving dirt, rock etc. Mine landpride approachs 750 lbs. 500 lb weight is probably more desireable for that size tractor but depends on your use. The extra weight is nice for the tough stuff. For that size of tractor, 72" or 84" would be more ideal. 96" is a little too wide and can push the tractor around. I have a Hiniker 450 lb, 84" blade which is more optimum size for the 3720. Also have light wt 250 lb, 72" blade I use for snow removal and light grading.
A rear blade is not rocket science. Designs are similar with some options. Weight/strength of construction and width of blades sets the different models apart. Most companies make light, medium and HD models. Anything with a hydraulic cylinder will cost more. Some can offset, angle and tilt either manually or hydraulically. Some have rear guage wheel. For me, the best deals are in good used blades. Much cheaper and many have little wear. My brother and I own 7 different blades. From 250 to near 1,500 lbs. The biggest is 10' wide with hydraulic tilt and offset. 3 are light weight blades. All different makes, all have served us well.

/ I'm in the market for a new rear blade for my 3720 JD #3  
I have a med. duty Woods 7' blade (HBL84)...it offsets, tilts, etc. I recently bought heavy duty side/end plates for it ($105) that bolt to the ends and allows the blade to collect material much like a box blade without the rippers. It has adjustable shoes on the back like many other makers. I think Woods, Bushhog, Landpride all make fine blades. I recommend as much weight as possible depending on your tasks to keep the blade in contact with the ground. I had a light blade in the past...it was worthless. Could not dig in, grade, and level and level without the weight.

Not all blades are the same...despite the pics in brochures...I would stick with a reputable product that will last your lifetime...and you will always get a lot of value from it should you decide to sell it. Have fun.

/ I'm in the market for a new rear blade for my 3720 JD #4  
Engine66 has some good points. I also started out with a cheaper lighter duty blade, fine for snow removal or light soil grading, but too light for the heavy stuff. I just got a Bush Hog 5007 7 foot blade with angle, tilt and offset. It seems plenty heavy duty enough for my case 40 hp tractor. Plus it is heavy enough that it cuts in nicely when you want it to. I'm going to have to look into those side plates. Had a set made for my old blade they worked very well.

/ I'm in the market for a new rear blade for my 3720 JD #5  
The serious blades are most likely to be found at a tractor/implement dealer rather than something like TSC. The one I have is relatively cheap, but the blade can be moved laterally by loosening a couple of bolts and sliding it. You can also tilt it by this means, but not as nicely as one with a horizontal pivot.

As far as interfering with your tires, it will depend somewhat on how far back the pivot is from your 3 point arm ends. You can sometimes get more clearance by raising or lowering the blade to gain maximum distance between it and the tires. I manage to run a 7 foot blade on a DX 29, offset to one side about 6". I can rotate it halfway around (so it faces backward) in one direction only. I can gain more offset if I want it by adjusting the 3 point linkage. The offset is very useful when moving snow to the side of the driveway with the blade set at a pretty steep angle of attack.

I agree that weight will be your friend, depending on what you want to do. When looking for mine, I found a blade at my dealer that would have fit. It had hydraulic adjustments on it for angle, manual adjustment for tilt and offset, and weighed about 800 lb. It also would have cost about 4 times what I paid for the one I have. I find myself putting weight on my blade in winter when the driveway is thick with white stuff.