Turning radius Geometry lesson

/ Turning radius Geometry lesson #11  
I am pretty sure you cannot mix R4 and turf, there may be a possibility with rear bar turf and turf front.
I should think the radius would increase as speed goes up and that scuffing would increase also as speed increases.
Perhaps try reducing your front tire pressure a bit. I reduced mine. I remeasured my 2410 diameter today. I can get as low as 68 inches but that is turning slowly and with the wheel hard over. It does not seem to tear my fescue/clay lawn. Sometimes my turn leaves an elliptical (slightly) uncut grass area--this could well be front tire slipping or me just letting up on the sateering wheel a tad. Please don't take this the wrong way but I think a 2410 size machine is about as big as I would want on my lawn and it is really to big--of course it is my lawn so I get to decide--others may vary. Of course, now, if it is wet the 2410 and BX will both make a big mess. I am thinking also that R4 tires are nice but I think I would have preferred turfs and may buy a set. J

/ Turning radius Geometry lesson #12  
time to sell and join our ranks ... you are already an honorary pter ... our squadron commander will give you a few lesson on the way down to tazwell and on the way back home you can come by my place and qualify to drive your new aquisition with two wing mowers in tow (kunz eng. acrease 57 inches wide swat each).

/ Turning radius Geometry lesson #13  
Glenn
<font color=blue>The diameter of the uncut circle decreases as weight on the front (the FEL) increases </font color=blue>

I think this is because the added weight gives more traction.

<font color=blue> And you are saying the diameter also decreases as throttle rpm's decrease? </font color=blue>

Not throttle, but how fast tractor is moving forward. Slow down and the diameter gets smaller.

<font color=blue> but I do have loaded rears and I don’t have problems unless I try to cut a maximum turn. </font color=blue>

Slowing down seems to help to stop the scuffing.

When measuring the circles cut. The radius only changes from my minimum to your maximum diameter by a radius of 5 ½ “. There are only a couple of places on my lawn where that is going to make much difference.

I run with pedal to the metal all the time unless I’m close to something I don’t want to hit. /w3tcompact/icons/eyes.gif

/ Turning radius Geometry lesson #14  
TresCrows

<font color=blue>I am thinking also that R4 tires are nice but I think I would have preferred turfs and may buy a set</font color=blue>

When you get the price. You may decide to buy another tractor. /w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif

/ Turning radius Geometry lesson
As a point of reference, I measured my 1978 John Deere 316 garden tractor (48" cut) uncut diameter, It was a whopping 11 feet. It has manual steering making the forward / reverse shuttle that much more difficult. My dad's honda 4514 lawn tractor (38" cut) uncut diameter was about 40".

It looks like anything is going to be an improvement over the 316.

Hazmat

/ Turning radius Geometry lesson #16  
B7500 with 60" RFM, uncut circle 10'2" /w3tcompact/icons/grin.gif

/ Turning radius Geometry lesson #17  
I might just do that, all things are possible. I know some teens that steal stereos and mag wheels, maybe I could just hire them to steal yours /w3tcompact/icons/shocked.gif , but I would not do that. J

/ Turning radius Geometry lesson #18  
<font color=blue>B7500 with 60" RFM, uncut circle 10'2" </font color=blue>

Now try it in reverse and see what you come up with. /w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif

Jeff

/ Turning radius Geometry lesson #19  
Leave it to old 3-crows to point out other threads on the subject. If your going to point out threads give us the name and date, otherwise just answer the question. What is uncut radius???

/ Turning radius Geometry lesson #20  
Radius equals 1/2 of diameter, ol'Rebar. /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif J