Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Elite Member
    Tractor
    JD 4520, Toolcat 5610, Bobcat S300, Case-IH 125 Pro, Case-IH 245, IH 1086, IH 806

Default Re: Toolcat 5610 vs CUT review

Quote Originally Posted by IslandTractor View Post
    Points taken but I think it is important not to consider the TC as an alternative to the CUT for farm or woods work. The TC was designed and is primarily marketed as an estate or grounds maintenance vehicle. Definitely not designed for field work even though it certainly can operate in the field. Likewise, it seems even more limited in woods than a cab CUT. That said, I'd love to have one for mowing in the summer or pushing snow. Great ranch utility vehicle too and would substitute for a skidsteer except in commercial settings.

The price however is pretty steep. Even a barebones version at 35K is useless until you add some Bobcat implements which are always pricey. Cost of a hydraulically powered mower is several multiples of a standard Bush Hog, finish mower or tractor PTO powered flail.

The comparison that has not been mentioned but makes more sense to me is to think of the TC as the Lexus version of the PowerTrac.
    Actually, I would consider the TC to be better in the woods than a cabbed CUT. My TC is about a foot shorter than my cabbed JD 3720, which is one of the smaller cabbed CUTs. The TC is vastly more stable than my 3720 on hillsides.

The TC is not designed for tillage field work but neither is the CUT. A CUT can probably run a small baler with it more powerful pto. Both can mow, run a rake, pull a small disc etc. It would be interesting to compare the transmission temperatures of a CUT to a TC. The TC has a lot of engineering in oil cooling due to its high flow hydraulics and it is basically an oil driven machine. The oil cooler is vastly larger and it has a large variable speed fan devoted to cooling. I wouldn't be surprised if the TC's hydraulic oil runs cooler than a CUT's under heavy pulling loads. I will have to compare them next year in the summer heat.

Yea, the front attachments on a skid steer or TC are overpriced. The beauty of the 5610 is now you canuse the cheaper and more widely available rear attachments. This is why the TC 5600 which had the rear dump box never appealed to me. I had a lot of rear attachments and wasn't going to get rid of them to buy more expensive front attachment to do the same job. However, the front attachments are usually high quality pieces of equipment and often heavier built than the counterpart rear attachment. I think that is partly due to their industrial nature and because when mounted in front, operators/employees tend to run them into things and would destroy lesser duty attachments. Compare a bobcat, 60", 1500 lb, front rotary mower to a rear, 60", bushhog mower weighing in at 600-700 lbs. The construction differences are significant. (But still don't justify the 2-3X increase in price.)

TC = Lexus version of the PowerTrac! You crack me up.

Tractor
    a real 4320JD and a 3720JD 5610 Toolcat "Luigi"

will you be able to sell your 3720 now and replace it with the 5610? If not, what would you rather use your deere for? As far as the stability, I can assure you guys the toolcat is much more stabil with a bucket full over rough terrain. I cant tell you how many times my 3720 has tipped I ran a 5600 yesterday and the loader doesnt sway or anything. And the ride is smoother which allows you to transport a bucket load at way faster speeds. I wish I could have run a harley rake with it to check visibility and functionality but couldn't as the 5600 belonged to the dealers customer, and they allowed me to demo it at their location. The harley rake is a tool the tractor wont do period.

Elite Member
    Tractor
    JD 4520, Toolcat 5610, Bobcat S300, Case-IH 125 Pro, Case-IH 245, IH 1086, IH 806

I did a bit of CUT shuffling. I had the DX-29 on the farm and sold it. The 3720 will shift from my place to the farm. The TC will stay at my place and make trips to the farm.

Super Star Member IslandTractor's Avatar
    Tractor
    2007 Kioti DK40se HST, Woods BH

Quote Originally Posted by 3Bladz View Post
    The harley rake is a tool the tractor wont do period.
    There are 3PT versions that tractors run just fine. Probably cost less than the skidsteer version too and you don't run over the prepared soil as you work.

Tractor
    a real 4320JD and a 3720JD 5610 Toolcat "Luigi"

Quote Originally Posted by IslandTractor View Post
    There are 3PT versions that tractors run just fine. Probably cost less than the skidsteer version too and you don't run over the prepared soil as you work.
    No, I have ran one alot on a skid and a tractor mounted one wont even compare. Its not that the tractor wont power it. It is the work that it will do on a skid, for example grading. On a tractor it wont cut into hard ground to remove high spots. About all its good for is busting up clods after the grade is set.

Elite Member
    Tractor

Thought I should add a few pictures Toolcat 5610 vs JD 3720.

Elite Member
    Tractor

A few pics of the TC.

hydraulic diverter
    90" mower

Elite Member
    Tractor

Couple more pics.

Tractor
    Bobcat V417 Toolcat 5610 F TORO+Loader

Since old threads pop up when searching for Toolcats, here is a link to some 5610 series F info: http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/t...-pictures.html
    My Avatar, the TORO+Loader: Kwik-Way FEL and TORO Groundsmaster Put Together

Compact Telehandler:
    V417 Versahander

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12