Refurbished tractors questions

/ Refurbished tractors questions #11  
The UTDA (Used Tractor Dealors Association) member list is a good place to look for responsible dealers. I purchased from one of the members 6 years ago, great tractor.

UTDA Membership List

I completely agree with picking a dealer from this list. The Yanmars are great tractors (my 790 is one branded by JD) but if they need to be refurbished I would run away. It is inconceivable, given the price for parts, that a tractor could really be economically "rebuilt". The good dealers pick the best of the grey market tractors and may fix a thing or two. The rest get "refurbished" and many show up as sad stories on TBN. I had one and was very lucky that my dealer took it back.

/ Refurbished tractors questions #13  
I agree on the grey and chinese stuff. Now the refurbished, I guess it all depends. FYI, Our 1523 was not much more than a refurb.

/ Refurbished tractors questions #14  
I would actually look for a fairly heavy tractor in you price range. 50 Hp and no weight will equal no go. I have a 48 Hp Ford 861 Powermaster that gets outworked every day by my 28 Hp Jinma. Of course the Jinma is 4 wheel drive but weighs nearly as much and is diesel with more gear selections and more torque.

Yes, the Ford will out work it on the pto but struggles to pull a 2 bottom plow through the weeds. My Jinma can pull the plow and a dead horse at the same time.

Chris

/ Refurbished tractors questions #15  
I have a D1550 Mitsu.thats about 18hp at the eng. and less then 1200lbs.It will go anywhere in the woods but don't try to pull anything with it.You'll never stall the eng.,just not enough weight.I would say stay far far away from refurbs.

/ Refurbished tractors questions #16  
I have a massey 1433 & own alot of woods. I cleared several lanes out with it. It goes thru the trees fairly good (better than my 65). It has real good hydrolics. I have lifted the *** end of old cars & pushed them uphill, & drug them out down a long up & downhill powerline. It lifted & carried complete bucket fulls of wet clay dirt that with the bushhog on and loaded tires still wanted to lift the tires off the ground. I can honestly say that this is one tough heavy duty tractor. I think its a perfect size for what you want to do. I guarantee I have moved enough heavy stuff & uprooted enough 30 ft trees to draw a good judgement. When reading what you want to do I felt like dejavu (sp).

/ Refurbished tractors questions #17  
3 tractors I don't want .
Chinese
Gray Market
Refurbished.

Why no refurb?

Plenty of tractors out there that have been used, rebuilt, and sold in serviceable condition.

I try to refurb my antiques into working condition as soon as I get them...

soundguy

/ Refurbished tractors questions #18  
Why no refurb?

Plenty of tractors out there that have been used, rebuilt, and sold in serviceable condition.

I try to refurb my antiques into working condition as soon as I get them...

soundguy

I agree. A 3000 Series Ford, or a 100 series MF, or whatever your flavour, either bought and refurbed, or done your self, will give many years of reliable service.

/ Refurbished tractors questions #19  
Yep.. good tractors if you take care of them, and / or rebuild them.. etc.

soundguy

/ Refurbished tractors questions
I appreicate the info. I was worried about how well the refurb job was done. If done right then it would be worth it, but a poor job done could come back to cost you more than a new tractor would. I think I had better find a good used tractor or a new one.