Refurbished tractors questions

/ Refurbished tractors questions #31  
the new Jinma does what I need to get done better than the MF135 at 40.

See.. you've said 2 different things... first you said the jinma outperforms the MF 135 in all areas. now you say it does what you need better than the mf135,, IE.. it outperforms the 135 in 'CERTAIN" areas.

BIG DIFFERENCE.

soundguy

/ Refurbished tractors questions #33  
See.. you've said 2 different things... first you said the jinma outperforms the MF 135 in all areas. now you say it does what you need better than the mf135,, IE.. it outperforms the 135 in 'CERTAIN" areas.

BIG DIFFERENCE.

soundguy

Exactly. That is a pretty bold statement to make about a tractor from that era. I most certainly not work that little Jinma they way a 135 actually gets worked.

/ Refurbished tractors questions #34  
OK just to ensure you understand what I mean and in keeping with Mattman's original question, for what I use a tractor for the Jinma outperforms the MF 135 at all levels, therefore, since I don't do everything that a tractor is used for, by default the Jinma might only outperform the 135 at "certain" levels. I am "uncertain" what those levels would be other than longevity and maybe some farming tasks that I don't do. I work the Jinma harder than I work the 135, partly cause I know what the 135 will take before it breaks having broken it on a number of occasions :eek:. Some of my farming neighbours have MF100 series tractors that they use for a limited number of agricultural tasks -- like pulling wagons, moving bales etc. Like me, they put those tractors in the barn in the fall and don't use them in the bush ( course some have 8n's that they use for pulling floats in parades too :p).
I guess I should have just said -- Mattman -- don't buy an agricultural two wheel drive semi antique to do the tasks you have outlined -- regardless of reputation -- buy an Asian made(cause you probably cannot buy anything else:eek:) four wheel drive from 25 - 35 horsepower. -- JMHO

/ Refurbished tractors questions #35  
I guess I should have just said -- Mattman -- don't buy an agricultural two wheel drive semi antique to do the tasks you have outlined -- regardless of reputation -- buy an Asian made(cause you probably cannot buy anything else:eek:) four wheel drive from 25 - 35 horsepower. -- JMHO

Good Afternoon Studor,
You make some very good points, and after reading through this whole thread, I think that what Mattman needs is a 30 ish hp FWD machine. FWD for hills and the bush trails but still small enough to be manuverable in the woods !

Your going to raise the ire in some of us antique buffs ;) when you start to discount older machines ! I used my 49 Super A to plow me out this mornin after a 10" drop ! :) It was 12 degrees outside and that old Farmall started before I had a full revolution on the engine ! ;) BTW its 60 years old !

But I understand what your saying, thats why I own a 86 MF1040 FWD. 32 hp with a FEL, it does alot of jobs the Farmall cant do. Now that Massey is a Japanese built tractor with over 1500 hrs on it and I bought it used for $6000. Thats probablly the type of machine that Matt needs ! I believe he said he was in a budget. Actually if I was him I would try and get a more current model with better parts availability ! Although I have owned it 5 years and was able to fix anything on it myself !

BTW, here is a pic of the old and the newer machines !

Attachments

• SuperA07.jpg
    SuperA07.jpg
    103 KB · Views: 121
  • Mowin.jpg
    Mowin.jpg
    184.8 KB · Views: 113
   / Refurbished tractors questions #36  
Love the Farmall
I just believe that when things get to a certain age we should make accomodations for them -- kind like people of a certain age:p

/ Refurbished tractors questions
Yeah a 30 horse 4wd and front end loader should do the job for me. I am keeping an eye open for a deal around close. I still have a couple months to get something rounded up and ready to go.. I have to do some clearing and disk the ground where the food plots are to be. My daddy has a 8n it is just not the right tool for the jobs i have, or I would just use it. the main problem is not wanting to pay that money. I hate to pay intrest on a loan, would rather pay cash, but then I hate to use up my cash money with the way the whole economy is doing.

/ Refurbished tractors questions #38  
Mattman, If you're considering a Jinma, check this link out for loads of discussion about them.

Chinese Tractor Owners Association - Helping Each Other With Chinese Tractor & Dozer Knowledge

I've done a lot of reading on this site to learn more about how diesels work and how to resolve common problems. I've gotten a lot of ideas from this site and TBN.

I think if you're mechanically inclined, a Jinma might work fine for you. There seem to be some common issues with them, and if you are prepared to correct them, from what I've read they are pretty good machines. If you're near a reputable Jinma dealer, so much the better. There are several dealers that contribute to the ctoa site discussions.

Good luck with your decision.

/ Refurbished tractors questions #39  
Scott, That is one NICE Farmall. I have never seen one with a blade. That is a beauty you have

/ Refurbished tractors questions #40  
Yep, don't buy an older tractor. They're junk and can't do anything. They never should have been built in the first place. Leave them for us poor folk. Especially stay away from those old 2 cylinder green ones. ;)

BTW, can't tell you how many 4 wheel drive tractors I've pulled out of the mud with my old 2 cylinder green tractors.