Kioti CK30 VS Kubota L3400

/ Kioti CK30 VS Kubota L3400 #1  

jimmyj

Elite Member
Tractor
Allis Chalmers 616 (Two) and a Kioti CK30 HST with loader and backhoe
After giving up a year ago I am now much closer to actually buying a tractor. Loader work is what it will be for, snow, manure, 500lb round bales.

I have narrowed it down to either a Kioti CK30 or Kubota L3400. Have tested both, no preference (HST). Have read a TON of reviews and overall the Kubota seems to have greater user satisfaction but the Kioti reviews seem oddly polarized (love it or hate it).

If the price were identical, which would you get?

/ Kioti CK30 VS Kubota L3400 #2  
After giving up a year ago I am now much closer to actually buying a tractor. Loader work is what it will be for, snow, manure, 500lb round bales.

I have narrowed it down to either a Kioti CK30 or Kubota L3400. Have tested both, no preference (HST). Have read a TON of reviews and overall the Kubota seems to have greater user satisfaction but the Kioti reviews seem oddly polarized (love it or hate it).

If the price were identical, which would you get?

Kubota. I've never even seen a Kioti dealership around here.

/ Kioti CK30 VS Kubota L3400 #3  
jimmyj - welcome back buddy!

Lifting 500lb round bales on the 3PT will be more comfortable for either. The 4x5 round bales I was using last year were definitely more than 500 lb btw. I think that my L3400 could have done it fine with another bale at the back. Another member here (mahana) has some pictures on his site of the L3400 with rounds - in the front and back.

I like both tractors. I have a L3400 as you know. I would be right on top of the dealer about the 3 pt valve jerkyness on the L3400. Seems like they might have gone back to the old jerky valve. They replaced mine under warranty. Other than the valve, I'd say the weakest link in the tractor is the cable operated PTO. All of that said, I have had 0 problems with my tractor and I still have the old PTO cams.

All of that said, I'll bet the snot has been tested out of this tractor in the field - they sell a LOT of them! I'll bet part of why we know about all the weak points of the tractor is because there are so many in use out there - many times more than competing models like the CK30.

The CK30 is a really nice tractor. I operated one and didn't think that the 3PT valve was any less jerky to be honest... at least not after the upgraded valve on mine. Some nice touches that the CK30 has over the L3400 are the telescoping rear links. The factory rear remotes on the CK30 are a very clean setup using hard lines vs. the L3400 is basically an aftermarket setup (even the factory one!) that they jack the price up on.

If I had to decide between these two models - frankly I would go for the GL3240 :) It beats both these hands down and is not a lot more money.

If I were forced to decide between these two, and I knew I would keep the tractor for a long long long time - I would go with the Kioti. The fact that the dealer in our area (guessing you will be dealing with Dick Lott) is top notch compared to pretty much every Kubota dealer I have encountered within a 1 hrs drive would heavily bias the decision for me more than anything else. There is no doubt in my mind that the Kioti will depreciate faster and when you do sell it - 5 or 10 yrs down the line - you will get less for it - at least around this area. They are not unknown but Kubotas are legendary. Like I said - base it on your time horizon.

Both are top notch tractors and hard to go wrong with.

/ Kioti CK30 VS Kubota L3400 #4  
I like my CK25. But, if I had it to do it over I'd still pick Kioti, but would go with a CK35 and a Woods loader. The Woods will give you more lift. And the Kioti is heavier, which translates to better stability for loader work.

/ Kioti CK30 VS Kubota L3400 #5  
Jimmy, something you might want to consider instead is a DK35 HST. I don't think it is much more and you will REALLY appreciate the 3 PT lift and the loader.

I'm not a huge fan of the CK35 over the CK30. I'd go do the DK instead.

Now, you must convince yourself that you do not want a GL4740 with a CAB! Brindley has one for sale with a 100hrs for $30k CDN! If times were better, or if I had some REAL reason to do it, I would be putting my L3400 up for sale and picking up that GL4740!. You sure you don't want to go for it? ;)

There is no end to this stuff of course. I really like Kioti's DK40 and DK45 SEs. The loader on those guys is a BEAST!. I felt that they were way too big for my needs.

/ Kioti CK30 VS Kubota L3400 #6  
BTW. You want to get your tires loaded regardless of CK30 vs L3400. I don't think the difference in weight or stability will be an issue regardless which machine you go for.

BTW. I know of where you can get RIMGUARD in your tires around here. There is a new Mahindra dealer in Orangeville who I have bought a lot of implements from in the past before he was a Mahindra dealer. He is the only person that has RIMGUARD around these parts. I would just head over and pick up the stuff from him and fill it in yourself.

/ Kioti CK30 VS Kubota L3400 #7  
The only advantage that the CK35 might have over the DK35 is that it is a smaller platform that will fit into tighter spaces. Otherwise, I agree the DK35 is just a little bit more $ than the CK's, but brings a lot more to the table.

/ Kioti CK30 VS Kubota L3400
Good comments guys. Yes, it is Dick and Tom Ott that I was dealing with and there is 1 CK30 left at old pricing and it is very fairly priced. The dealer is a HUGE influence to me and I am leaning towards the Kioti even though I have a good dealer for Kubota 4 minutes from home.

The DK has a much nicer feel when I am on it to be sure vs the slightly cramped CK. And more features. BUT, as usual I have crept up and up and up and am at the top of my budget for sure. LOL. NOBODY here has heard that line before!!!:D

/ Kioti CK30 VS Kubota L3400 #9  
Jimmy, in your situation, I think I would go with the CK30. The dealer would weigh heavily for me. I'm shooting straight - I've got a L3400 and it is GREAT!

Neither would be a bad tractor. I suspect both would perform just as well.

So long as I planned on keeping it for at least 5-6 years I wouldn't worry about the resale value. That said, I believe that there is no question that the Kioti will depreciate faster than the Kubota in these parts.

I DID find that the CK30 was smaller in seating area than my L3400. My L3400 feels bigger to me. This is very important. Make sure you get comfortable with the seating position before you purchase. If you *think* is it cramped now - compare with the L3400 and go with the less cramped one.

Do get Dick to put on a pair of remotes for you. You won't regret it. I woud not do the remote install myself as I did on my L3400 on a CK30. You WANT the factory setup on the CK30. Best done now than later.

/ Kioti CK30 VS Kubota L3400
Thanks for the advice. I am leaning toward the CK 30 and will know within about 10 days whether or not I will buy now or have to wait till Jan. I really want to get on with it!!!

Good advice on the remotes too. I'd get the tires loaded as well and get a bale spear too. I wonder about a snowblower and trailer to haul but I think they will have to wait a bit. I will be keeping it at least 5 years, probably more like 10+. I cannot ever see me needing another or bigger tractor.