New Bobcat ct120 vs used Kubota

/ New Bobcat ct120 vs used Kubota #1  

Jt2

Is 17,000.00 a good deal on a new Bobcat ct120 with loader and
backhoe vs a more powerful used Kubota in the same price range.
I can get a warranty on the used Kubota so.....
5 acres with horse arena that needs dragging, field mowing,
occasional fence building, pond digging /
jobsite excavating, backfilling, trenching.
I need to stay with a smaller size tractor because of close space tolerance
between houses but it needs to be heavy enough to break up
harder ground in the winter. Thanks for any comments.

/ New Bobcat ct120 vs used Kubota #2  
What model Kubota? By the way the price on the Bob Cat is a super price and a very tried and true tractor model. I am guessing that you are talking about a BX series Kubota which is much lighter than the Bob Cat. Believe me, the heavier tractor will out do the lighter tractor with more HP.

/ New Bobcat ct120 vs used Kubota #3  
Is 17,000.00 a good deal on a new Bobcat ct120 with loader and
backhoe vs a more powerful used Kubota in the same price range.
I can get a warranty on the used Kubota so.....
5 acres with horse arena that needs dragging, field mowing,
occasional fence building, pond digging /
jobsite excavating, backfilling, trenching.
I need to stay with a smaller size tractor because of close space tolerance
between houses but it needs to be heavy enough to break up
harder ground in the winter. Thanks for any comments.

I Looked at the Bobcat/Kioti line. The only turn off to me was the bucket capacity was terrible and also the lift height (I think 70" was it) I'm also talking about the ct335 (I think that is the model #) which I assume would also ring true for the ct120. It also kind of looked like my dealer was in the "lets try this and see what happens" attitude when it came to tractors (Bobcat rental company). They seemed to be built well but the 2 reasons above and the dealer issues turned me away. I did end up a mile down the road and purchased a Kubota L5030HST and have been very happy with the tractor, price, and service.

/ New Bobcat ct120 vs used Kubota #4  
Big difference between a CT335 and Kubota L5030. It's a bit unfair to expect similar specs between these two.

As for lift height, when compared to other tractors of the similar size, the Kioti usually is a bit better than most. From what I've been reading the Bobcats use a less capable loader than their Kioti counterparts, but only slightly so. Can't speak to their lift height specifically.

That price on the Bobcat is excellent. The Bobcat/Kioti's are excellent diggers too.

As for the used Kubota you are considering, it would depend on what model it is and how well it had been maintained. For me, if it's a 7510 or smaller (no subcuts), I'd pick the Bobcat. If 7800, or an L2800, maybe, but it would have to be "like new". B21 or L3400: definitely, if in good shape.

If you want small, but capable also consider the TYM T273, if there is a good dealer close by.

/ New Bobcat ct120 vs used Kubota #5  
Big difference between a CT335 and Kubota L5030. It's a bit unfair to expect similar specs between these two.

As for lift height, when compared to other tractors of the similar size, the Kioti usually is a bit better than most. From what I've been reading the Bobcats use a less capable loader than their Kioti counterparts, but only slightly so. Can't speak to their lift height specifically.

That price on the Bobcat is excellent. The Bobcat/Kioti's are excellent diggers too.

As for the used Kubota you are considering, it would depend on what model it is and how well it had been maintained. For me, if it's a 7510 or smaller (no subcuts), I'd pick the Bobcat. If 7800, or an L2800, maybe, but it would have to be "like new". B21 or L3400: definitely, if in good shape.

If you want small, but capable also consider the TYM T273, if there is a good dealer close by.

I wasn't comparing it to my L5030, just stating where I landed nothing to do with the question really I guess. I went to look at the L4400 but received a killer deal on the L5030. Your right though, the Bobcat & Kioti loaders are a lot different even though the actual tractor is almost a carbon copy as I compared the 2 but didn't have a Kioti dealer within 100 mles or more of me.

/ New Bobcat ct120 vs used Kubota
As far as what model Kubota, I
will be testing several on Monday
but not sure yet what model numbers.

I wouldn't even consider a used tractor
if it weren't for the warranty offered
by the rental company that has the
tractors for sale.
So to put a finer point on it,
would you buy a tractor from a rental
company even with a warranty?

Gittyup I'm having trouble finding the
exact specs on the B21 but isn't it pretty
close to the same as the ct120 as far as
weight/power/size/?

Ton's of thanks guys.

/ New Bobcat ct120 vs used Kubota #7  
The 5030 is a really solid tractor with a great history to them. Unless it shows signs of outright physical abuse I'd say a TLB at that price is a steal. Thats basicly half price.

/ New Bobcat ct120 vs used Kubota #8  
As far as what model Kubota, I
will be testing several on Monday
but not sure yet what model numbers.

I wouldn't even consider a used tractor
if it weren't for the warranty offered
by the rental company that has the
tractors for sale.
So to put a finer point on it,
would you buy a tractor from a rental
company even with a warranty?

Gittyup I'm having trouble finding the
exact specs on the B21 but isn't it pretty
close to the same as the ct120 as far as
weight/power/size/?

Ton's of thanks guys.

The B21 should be on Kubota's website. That line of TLB's are more like contractor grade machines: heavier duty for loader and backhoe work but not as easy to switch out implements for other things (I think).

/ New Bobcat ct120 vs used Kubota
Gittyup,
....the specs I was looking for were
lift height on the loader etc.....
and you inspired me to look again and
I found it. 88.8 on the B21 vs
the Bobcat ct120 at 73.5.
I usually rent the B21 and it
is about as weak as I want to go...
so maybe the ct120 at 17,000.00 new
isn't a good deal.
I have a job starting the 1st of December
so I have to get something.
Thanks again.

/ New Bobcat ct120 vs used Kubota #10  
Kioti (Bobcat) doesn't really have a machine like the B21 and others in that line. But, those kubotas cost a lot more money. I like the B39. If you want a little better performance without breaking the bank, look at the Kioti CK25/30/35 with a Woods loader. The Woods loader has better specs than the Kioti's or those used by Bobcat equivalents. I don't think there are any out there in the ct120 size that match up with those "dedicated" TLBs of Kubota. Another option might be a TYM T273. Nice and compact with good specs. Also, from my research, in the 30 and under horsepower CUTS, the Branson had the best loader specs outside of the dedicated TLBs. But a CUT and a dedicated TLB are not the same animal.