85 to 100 hp tractor suggestions

/ 85 to 100 hp tractor suggestions #1  

Slippy

Veteran Member
Tractor
Mahindra 6000 4wd; IH x2; NHTC40DSS; International 1086; JD 5115M
Looking for a good 85 to 100 pto hp tractor with cab. Use would be to run baler and possibly mower, and moving 4x5 hay bales around. Something with easy forward reverse transition set up. Cab need air and heat. Any suggestions?

/ 85 to 100 hp tractor suggestions #2  
kubota, JD, there are just to many to list all.

/ 85 to 100 hp tractor suggestions
Thank you. Yes I am aware of all the manufactures, but I was looking for a little more detailed response such as the particular model and maybe someone has run a hay operation and used various tractors and has found one to be more user friendly and reliable when doing this type of work. The tractor I use now has a shuttle shift lever that is mechanical and clutch. A full day of moving hay is tuff.
Thank you again.

/ 85 to 100 hp tractor suggestions #5  
Thank you. Yes I am aware of all the manufactures, but I was looking for a little more detailed response such as the particular model and maybe someone has run a hay operation and used various tractors and has found one to be more user friendly and reliable when doing this type of work. The tractor I use now has a shuttle shift lever that is mechanical and clutch. A full day of moving hay is tuff.
Thank you again.

OK, have a look at the MF 5400 series with the Dyna -4 transmission.

MF 5400 Series

/ 85 to 100 hp tractor suggestions #6  
We use a JD 2940, good tractor for baling and dragging the 15' batwing around. Easy to work on if the need arises and it will. Have some neighbors with the 6K and 7K series JD's and they have to go back to the dealer for any little cough or sneeze.

/ 85 to 100 hp tractor suggestions #7  
Are you sure you need 85 - 100 PTO HP? There are a lot of nice tractors out there that can handle 4x5 bales that have 80, 85, 90, or 95 engine HP but come in under 85 PTO HP.

Hydraulic/power shuttle transmissions will eliminate the need to clutch when going between F/N/R, some fancier setups also have a two speed power shift or a full power shift with no clutching required.

/ 85 to 100 hp tractor suggestions #8  
I've got a couple I sure wouldn't hesitate to recommend.

First is a 6430 JD. 95HP and loaded with features. Definately a fine ride. Not cheap by any stretch.

Second is a Massey Ferguson 583. 85hp, and a real bargain. Well equipped and IMHO, the best buy in it's HP class on todays market.

/ 85 to 100 hp tractor suggestions #9  
I've got a couple I sure wouldn't hesitate to recommend.

First is a 6430 JD. 95HP and loaded with features. Definately a fine ride. Not cheap by any stretch.

Second is a Massey Ferguson 583. 85hp, and a real bargain. Well equipped and IMHO, the best buy in it's HP class on todays market.

Not to jack this poor guy's thread, but it sounds like the 583 has worked out well for you. How many hours on it Bill? Have you had any problems like some folks had with the early 400 series??