Tractor recomendations and /or critiques

/ Tractor recomendations and /or critiques #1  

SnappyBob

It's time to replace the old tractor. She's all wore out and just doesn't fit the bill feature wise anymore. I need to buy a tractor that can haul round bales from the front or rear and also have a front end loader capability. I want a full size tractor frame and somewhere around 50 HP. I've always found sites like this to be very educational when I am in need of buying big ticket items. So, does anybody have any anecdote's, praise or condemnations on anything that has been recently bought? Thanks in advance for any responses.

/ Tractor recomendations and /or critiques #2  
The M5040 model comes to mind beings you want a full sized tractor. I own the L5240HST and am very pleased with for an all round tractor but I believe it is considered to be in the utility class :confused: The scut, cut, utility stuff confuses me at times..
I am sure more folks much more savy with this class of tractors will chime in.

And welcome to TBN.. Great place full of info. and friendly folks..

Chuck.

/ Tractor recomendations and /or critiques #3  
Take a look at the Mahindra 6030 if you have a nearby dealer. It looks like you are near San Antonio and Bill's Tractor is located there. He is one of the largest dealers in the US.

The 30 series is an updated version of the 00 series. I have an 06 6000 4x4 and have not found a job it can't handle. The bale handling is a snap. When I feed cattle I usually have a bale on the front and one on the 3 pt. hitch unroller.

Also baled over 600 4x4 bales this summer with the tractor.

/ Tractor recomendations and /or critiques #4  
It's time to replace the old tractor. She's all wore out and just doesn't fit the bill feature wise anymore. I need to buy a tractor that can haul round bales from the front or rear and also have a front end loader capability. I want a full size tractor frame and somewhere around 50 HP. I've always found sites like this to be very educational when I am in need of buying big ticket items. So, does anybody have any anecdote's, praise or condemnations on anything that has been recently bought? Thanks in advance for any responses.

My new Mahindra 5525 (54 hp engine, 45 hp pto, 2WD, ML250 FEL with 6-ft bucket) can lift 2950 lb on the FEL and 3525 lb on the 3pt at the lift arm pins. The tractor weighs 5370 lb without the FEL. Price: around $17K with FEL. Add $800 for skid steer type FEL quick attach and $750 for triple remotes. The 5525 has a basic constant partial mesh gear tranny, nothing fancy, just a big, heavy red tractor.

DSCF0236Small.jpg

/ Tractor recomendations and /or critiques #5  

Welcome to the forum and good luck with your new tractor quest.

Don

/ Tractor recomendations and /or critiques #6  
I have a Montana 5740 with Cab and FEL and 4wd. It's 57HP mitsibishi engine 52 hp pto. I really like mine. I got a dealer demo with 60 hrs for 26k. There are really a lot of good tractors out there. What dealers do you have nearby? Just make sure you go ride a bunch. Talk to farmers nearby and get pros/cons.

Good Luck

/ Tractor recomendations and /or critiques #7  
Take a look at the Mahindra 6030 if you have a nearby dealer. It looks like you are near San Antonio and Bill's Tractor is located there. He is one of the largest dealers in the US.

The 30 series is an updated version of the 00 series. I have an 06 6000 4x4 and have not found a job it can't handle. The bale handling is a snap. When I feed cattle I usually have a bale on the front and one on the 3 pt. hitch unroller.

Also baled over 600 4x4 bales this summer with the tractor.

+1 for the Mahindra 6000...See if Bill has a "leftover" 6000 that he'll part with reasonably (ie. more reasonably than a 6030).. Shuttle shift, fully syncho trans, strong, heavy basic full size utility unit...you can also get a BH that bolts right up if you have a need for such a thing...BobG in VA

/ Tractor recomendations and /or critiques #8  

Welcome to TBN. I purchased a JD 5203 last year and it is an excellent tractor. It is a basic utility tractor but it has the qualities that you require. It is manufactured in India but don't let that hold you back it still has a John Deere warranty.

/ Tractor recomendations and /or critiques #9  
IMHO, the best buys available these days are either the 5XX3 series Deere's while they last, or the 500 series Massey Fergusons. Lots of bang for the buck with either. Really good tractors at that! I've got a pair of 583 Masseys that have seen far more use in a year than the average user puts on one in 5 or more years. Not the first single issue.

/ Tractor recomendations and /or critiques #10  
SnappyBob: welcome to the forum. Are there any features in particular that you were interested in?

FWJ: I've seen you recommend those Massey 583's a few times now, they must be pretty good. Just wondering which transmissions you went with?. The 583's look nice, however I've driven a couple of tractors with the hydraulic/power shuttles and I don't know if I'd want to go with the standard mechanical clutch at this point.