Better to work backwards? JD110 TLB

/ Better to work backwards? JD110 TLB #1  

Bedlam

Veteran Member
With all the talk of tractor splitting and trouble. I was wondering One day I drove by a deere dealer and saw this
John Deere commercial products: Features for 110 TLB

I had no idea that the hoe could be removed and apparently it has a 3 point hitch
'Backhoe detaches quickly allowing use of regular tractor implements requiring 3-PT hitch and rear PTO '

That sure got my attention.
I guess my question is does it make
more sense to start with a machine like this for strength?
Of cource now. I'm thinking the cost . LOL
Kind of wish that they could somehow give a ball park price on these I hate to request a quote and then have to deal with the follow up calls.
Any one own or considered one? and the cost?
Thanks

/ Better to work backwards? JD110 TLB #2  
While there have been a few broken tractors on this site, the vast majority operate just fiine. A few individuals have 110's and seem to like them. They are stronger as far as the backhoe than most AG tractors. To me the big advantage is the single rotating seat.

Andy

/ Better to work backwards? JD110 TLB #3  
CurlyDave has a 110TLB. He's had it for several years and could probably give you the best advice. Why don't you drop him a PM and ask about it?

/ Better to work backwards? JD110 TLB #4  
With all the talk of tractor splitting and trouble.
Thanks

What talk? Tractors are usually only split to repair a worn out clutch due to the operator trying to make a gear trans work like a hst or to repair a broken gear transmission. Not an everyday occurrence.

/ Better to work backwards? JD110 TLB #5  
I think you got it in your base post.
~$44K msrp base for a 42 HP tlb, albeit a bigger hoe than most 40~45 HP tractors would come with factory direct. ~$11K for the hoe part.
Nahh, this is JD pricing.

OTOH, given the state of the economy in general, the construction and building industry in particular and the season... there might be some off-lease or repo's in need of new homes,
like; "fer cheep".

/ Better to work backwards? JD110 TLB #6  
I started out with a lawn tractor, then a garden tractor. They still proved to be too small and finally could afford a 2520 without a hoe. That worked great for a while. This year, it was time to get a hoe. But, I was concerned the 46 hoe was too small for my needs. I also was tired of the manual top and tilt links. JD doesn't have anything compatible for the 2520 with a hydraulic top & tilt, so I started considering trading it for a bigger model (and bigger hoe model too). I too learned about the 110, demoed it and took delivery just last week! But, I decided to keep the 2520 as well, as it fits under my deck nicely and is nimble in other ways too.

I have less than 10 hours on the 110, so others should have better input on how it performs. My biggest problem with the 110 is how to keep the seat dry, and snow buildup on the floor. I have not had it long enough to get a building or other shelter built for it. I don't know if it has the ability to tilt the seat forward like on a 2520. That would be nice if it does and if I could figure out how to do that. The canopy doesn't really seem to stop any weather...

/ Better to work backwards? JD110 TLB #7  
The decision should be centered around the kinds of work that the tractor is needed for...

"Right tool for the job".

I had a JD970 TLB for nearly 3 years before I bought a 110 this past March. I've got ~175 hours on it now.

The cost of a nearly identical JD4120 TLB with 400CX FEL and 448 BH with Top n tilt, etc. was just shy of $4K less than the JD110. To my way of thinking; given the kinds of work I need to tackle - the cost difference was acceptable.

Depending upon what it is you're planning to use your next tractor for - the added outlay might or might not be worth it.

Best of luck.

AKfish

/ Better to work backwards? JD110 TLB #8  
My friend has the 110. I like the feature that lets you move the machine while the seat is in backhoe position,it also has the quick attach buckets for loader and hoe,cleanup bucket for hoe works great. One thing I don't like is it comes minus a skidplate,my friend has no problems but the filters,hydraulic lines could get damaged driving over objects,stumps,etc. I think the skidplate is optional. plowing