kioti 45 HST cab kubota b3030 hsdc

/ kioti 45 HST cab kubota b3030 hsdc #1  

munchie

Bronze Member
Tractor
'09 Kubota B3030HSDC
I am looking at both...I like the bigger Kioti but friends have said Kubota will be better financial investment. Mostly needed to move snow with some FEL work. Laneway is 1/2 km with 40 acres of other needs (7 acres of bushlot trees) I like hydrostatic as left leg is bad. We are in a heavy snow area.
Opinions?

/ kioti 45 HST cab kubota b3030 hsdc #2  
I am looking at both...I like the bigger Kioti but friends have said Kubota will be better financial investment. Mostly needed to move snow with some FEL work. Laneway is 1/2 km with 40 acres of other needs (7 acres of bushlot trees) I like hydrostatic as left leg is bad. We are in a heavy snow area.
Opinions?

Re-sale of the B3030 could be a self fulfilling prophesy.
I'd go with the larger tractor and not worry about a hypothetical trade up in a year or two when the buyer's remorse sets in and the yearning for something bigger starts gnawing a hole into the bank account.
Ask your friends how sound of a "financial investment" the first year or two of depreciation is when you go out and buy what you knew you should have bought in the first place - and THEN start another first year of depreciation.
Maybe upsize your implements too.... on and on...

Cat 2 ? I think so, not sure though.
Self leveling loader ? Yeah, I'd go for that.
Well, strictly speaking it is a linkage that maintains a constant bucket to ground angle through a fairly wide range of lift - functionally the bucket stays pretty much at the same angle to the ground as you lift.

Stick with the same brand if brand name re-sale value or manufacturer backed financing was what your friends had in mind, but DO go with the bigger machine first - not next year or 2010.

/ kioti 45 HST cab kubota b3030 hsdc #3  
The bigger tractor. The B3030 is a bit small for that much land and mowing.

/ kioti 45 HST cab kubota b3030 hsdc #4  
Opinions?
Kioti hands down IMHO for what you plan to do.I have a Kioti DK40 se with a KL401 fel and love it.coobie

/ kioti 45 HST cab kubota b3030 hsdc #5  
It really depends on what you are doing on the land. For many jobs bigger is better but for many it will mean less potential for smaller work needs being accomplished if quarters are tight.

The Kubota line-up is strong on resale and they are well represented across the country.

To handle all of your property with improvements and maintence a larger tractor is better unless you are looking to fill your days on the tractor.

/ kioti 45 HST cab kubota b3030 hsdc #6  
It really depends on what you are doing on the land. For many jobs bigger is better but for many it will mean less potential for smaller work needs being accomplished if quarters are tight.

The Kubota line-up is strong on resale and they are well represented across the country.

To handle all of your property with improvements and maintence a larger tractor is better unless you are looking to fill your days on the tractor.

Maybe I don't GET the Kubota resale value thang.
Is it ONLY Kubota owners that re-sell ?
I don't, I didn't buy something that I want/need to re-sell.

/ kioti 45 HST cab kubota b3030 hsdc #7  
Maybe I don't GET the Kubota resale value thang.
Is it ONLY Kubota owners that re-sell ?
I don't, I didn't buy something that I want/need to re-sell.

Well after comparing it to a Kioti with higher lift capacities, heavier weight, more standard features, and longer warranty all at a lower price, all they have left is a better resale value and even that is wearing off... :D

/ kioti 45 HST cab kubota b3030 hsdc #8  
Well after comparing it to a Kioti with higher lift capacities, heavier weight, more standard features, and longer warranty all at a lower price, all they have left is a better resale value and even that is wearing off... :D

Re-sale "value" is only significant if you plan to re-sell in a relatively short amount of time.
Having an extra few $K "invested" in a depreciating asset in case times get really tough doesn't make financial sense - to me.
A higher percentage depreciation on a significantly lower priced machine could still be cheaper than a low depreciation on a higher priced machine.
Figure it in dollars, not percentages.

I don't know of any "Blue Book" that folk are getting their info from, but I would like to see a copy.
If it is only "asking" prices that people are seeing on Craig's list I refute the cred of the claim.
So, where's the data ?
and who is standing behind it ?
or is it just bar room myth ?

/ kioti 45 HST cab kubota b3030 hsdc #9  
Opinions?

I cannot see how you can compare these two machines. The Kioti is in a totally different class than the Kubota. If these two tractors are the same money then it's a no-brainer that most would get the Kioti.....unless your a Kubota fanatic of course. (No insult intended)

FRom both a performance & reliability perspective (from what I have read) both tractor makes are excellent. However, I have also read that parts coming in for the Kioti may be slow.

I would expect that your purchase (for the most part) would be a "for life" purchase. So resale is really a wash.

Good Luck,

Vic

/ kioti 45 HST cab kubota b3030 hsdc #10  
I have to agree with kozack, kioti 45 vs gl 4740 is more like it? The B3030 is not in the same class?