First Tractor - questions on pricing

/ First Tractor - questions on pricing #1  

mbosma

Tractor
Kubota L3130
I'm looking for my first tractor. Found one (I think)

It's a 2005 Cub Cadet 6284 with the 3 cyl CAT, 200 hrs, no attachments for $5000.

I know I'll need to mow 3 acres of grass weekly. In the future I'll ocassionally grade 1/2 mile of gravel drive way, pull a trailer full of wood up fairly steep hills, hay rides for the kids, till a garden, and move some dirt around for trails, etc. in the woods.

Any advice on this tractor, what implements costs etc.? The first priority is a 60" belly or pull behind mower, and the budget is tight.

What's a really good price for this tractor, and what am I looking at for a decent FEL? Is used an option for implements?

Thanks for your help.

/ First Tractor - questions on pricing #2  
I'm looking for my first tractor. Found one (I think)

It's a 2005 Cub Cadet 6284 with the 3 cyl CAT, 200 hrs, no attachments for $5000.

I know I'll need to mow 3 acres of grass weekly. In the future I'll ocassionally grade 1/2 mile of gravel drive way, pull a trailer full of wood up fairly steep hills, hay rides for the kids, till a garden, and move some dirt around for trails, etc. in the woods.

Any advice on this tractor, what implements costs etc.? The first priority is a 60" belly or pull behind mower, and the budget is tight.

What's a really good price for this tractor, and what am I looking at for a decent FEL? Is used an option for implements?

Thanks for your help.

I assume that it doesn't have a front end loader (FEL). $5K is a good price. Test drive it. Make sure the tranny works in all gears, check the operation of the PTO and the 3pt hitch. Be sure the gauges and lights are all working OK.

You'll need a 5-ft box blade ($400) for your driveway work.
A used 4-ft tiller costs $300-400. I have a used Yanmar RS1200 rototiller that I bought for $300.
A belly mower is pricy (several thousand).
Northern Tool has a 5-ft belly mower (3pt hitch type) for $1043.

Northern Industrial 3-Pt. PTO Finish Mower 5Ft. Mower, Model# 1104S079 | Trail Mowers | Northern Tool + Equipment

Moving dirt--you can do it (inefficiently) with a box blade. An FEL is much better, but expensive ($3-5K)

/ First Tractor - questions on pricing #3  
Ditto what flusher said.. check the obvious things.. water and oil. make sur ethey are not mixed.. make sure it starts good cold, hyds work, trans works in ll ranges. try to try it on n implement like a mower.. .. look for big leaks .. etc. check brakes.. etc.

if it runs out.. 5000$ sounds like a great deal.

soundguy

/ First Tractor - questions on pricing #4  
The only problem I see is can you get parts for it? Is CC going to support you?

/ First Tractor - questions on pricing #5  
The only problem I see is can you get parts for it? Is CC going to support you?

Yes I agree, it is important to know where and how much parts will be first before buying.