Girl needs sub compact tractor purchasing advice

/ Girl needs sub compact tractor purchasing advice #21  
Well there you go LBrown 10,000 posts !

/ Girl needs sub compact tractor purchasing advice #22  
I think you should read the Cub Cadet forum here at TBN very carefully, before deciding. John Deeres, and Kubotas are excellent machines, and have a good dealer network. A new CC tractor offered with no warrenty is a very strange offer.......:confused:
It's like anouncing it from the roof top = defective .

/ Girl needs sub compact tractor purchasing advice #25  
No warranty is a joke, run don't walk!
I have a Branson 3510, 35 hp Cummins Diesel and it came with 3 year, 1000 hour warranty.
I would start checking your local craigslist.org they have a farm and garden listing.

/ Girl needs sub compact tractor purchasing advice #26  
I agree, check Craigs list. I got mine from there and got a great deal this past summer. There are people in this economy that have to sell or move fast.

Mark

/ Girl needs sub compact tractor purchasing advice #27  
Would be well worth your time to check out a Kubota dealer if there is one in your area,will hold it's value when you go to trade up too.

Don't get the L2800 or L3400. The 3ph doesn't work like it should and Kubota won't fix it. The price might lure you in and it sounds like it would be the right size for you. Don't do it though!!!

/ Girl needs sub compact tractor purchasing advice #28  
First, it is about who is a good local dealer, and not at selling but repairing. What sort of dealer are close to you?

I think the TYM 273 is a heck of a tractor for the price and there is not a lot of complaining about the machine. Kubota and Deer, New Holland, all great tractors but a bit pricier. Kioti very solid.

Finally, used is a good thing. I would look around in that market as well. Lots of people getting nervous and downsizing.

/ Girl needs sub compact tractor purchasing advice #29  
OK guys, I know NOTHING.

I have 6+ acres in Florida with horses on the property. Also starting a small tree nursery, 30Gallon size or less. I want to buy a small tractor I can handle myself to do the "big" jobs.

Mowing pastures (must mow at 6" minimum)
Moving dirt/manure/hay
Grading
Possible auger for post installation (fencing)

I'm considering the Cub Cadet/Yanmar SC2400

main concerns:
fair price
dependability
service availability
operator comfort

Help! Didn't want to post in Cub Cadet section because I want to know what other manufacturers offer, my Dad is a John Deere diehard but I want to be an informed consumer and happy tractor owner.

That SC2400 looks to me like a big riding mower. You need a real SCUT. My first tractor was a new 2005 Kubota B7510HST (21 hp engine, 17 hp pto) with the LA302 FEL (4ft bucket)--$12,600. This size tractor would be able to handle your chores easily. You may want to step up to the 25-30 hp range. There are lotsa choices--Kubota B2620, JD 2520, NH T1030, Massey Ferguson GC2600, Mahindra 2615, Montana T2734.

Get a quick attach option for your FEL bucket and dual remote rear hydraulic connections.

/ Girl needs sub compact tractor purchasing advice #30  
Outfox

It is a good time to be in the market for a tractor. I would suggest something in the 20-30 hp range.

Dont forget the tax incentive to buy by the end of the year.

I just got a great deal on a new John Deere from the Winter Garden Dealer Highland Tractor. They offered a much better deal than Fields Equipment.

Closest Kubota dealership I am aware of is in Orlando, but I would check them also.

Stop by all of the dealers, tell them what you buget is, and ask them what the best deal they have for you. New or used (I would not go for anything more than a couple of years old in your case)

I got my new JD in a larger model than I was planning since it had been sitting on the dealer lot for over a year, they sold it below cost.

Good Luck!