Tractor Comparison - which one to buy?

/ Tractor Comparison - which one to buy? #1  

7acres

Tractor
Kubota B1750
Hi,

Just sold my Kubota B1750. Nice tractor, but I wanted to move up in size.

I am looking at

Ford 1920 1500hrs $7500 paint is fair
Ford 1710 1500hrs $6000 paint is poor
Kubota L2500 1000hrs $7500 good shape
Kioti 3054 1000hrs $7700 good shape

Mechanically all appear to be sound.

All ranging from $6-7,700 with loaders. I just purchased a Woods 7500 backhoe in nice shape and have a subframe off a Kubota L3010. So I will neeed to fabricate to fit any of these.

Any experience or comments on these tractors with the backhoe combination?

Thanks!

/ Tractor Comparison - which one to buy? #2  
A mecahnically sound 1920 with a loader for $7500 is a good deal. Certainly worth the $1500 premium over the 1710. Maybe a better buy than the Kubota. I don't know much about the Kioti other than to say if it's a better compact than a 1920, it's one heck of a ride!

/ Tractor Comparison - which one to buy?
So, sounds like you think the Ford is a better tractor than the Kubota.

The Ford is a 1989 or 1990. The Kubota is a 1999-2000. I'm not sure if that makes a significant difference. All our manual transmissions.

Thanks for your comment.

/ Tractor Comparison - which one to buy? #4  
I paid 9500 for a 1920 with 700hrs. It had 4wd and the 12x4 tranny.. was an awesome machine.. wish i had kept it, but traded it back to the dealer i bought it from in order to get a larger tractor to pull a batwing mower. the 1920 held it's value so good i litterally got a few hundred bucks less than i paid for it, after using it for 3 years...

good strong machine... i never had a seconds problem with it..

soundguy

Hi,

Just sold my Kubota B1750. Nice tractor, but I wanted to move up in size.

I am looking at

Ford 1920 1500hrs $7500 paint is fair
Ford 1710 1500hrs $6000 paint is poor
Kubota L2500 1000hrs $7500 good shape
Kioti 3054 1000hrs $7700 good shape

Mechanically all appear to be sound.

All ranging from $6-7,700 with loaders. I just purchased a Woods 7500 backhoe in nice shape and have a subframe off a Kubota L3010. So I will neeed to fabricate to fit any of these.

Any experience or comments on these tractors with the backhoe combination?

Thanks!

/ Tractor Comparison - which one to buy? #5  
So, sounds like you think the Ford is a better tractor than the Kubota.

The Ford is a 1989 or 1990. The Kubota is a 1999-2000. I'm not sure if that makes a significant difference. All our manual transmissions.

Thanks for your comment.

The two significant differences that you should be concerned with is the relative condition of each of the tractors and their loaders, and the local support you have for each brand. None of us here can help with any of that.

Relative to my area, the Fords and Kubota are not overpriced based on the info you have provided. The Kioti I know nothing about.

Fortunately for me, I have a Kubota dealer around the corner and a Ford/New Holland Dealer in the next town over. And a bunch of dealers that will work on any machine.

Again, thanks for the support. I will probably narrow it down to the Kubota and the 1920.

/ Tractor Comparison - which one to buy? #7  
If either of the machines.. or both are in good condition.. both sound like good deals price wise. As Rick said.. i also have no experience with the kioti.

soundguy

/ Tractor Comparison - which one to buy? #8  
The Kioti 3054 has a solid reputation. Most of them seem to have been built as the TLB model and the tractor loader combo has been out of production for a few years (replaced by the CK30) but it has a very good reputation as a reliable workhorse. Parts are not an issue.

I have no idea how to compare it to the Ford 1920 as a tractor value but the Kioti is a very good 30hp machine and the $7700 seems quite reasonable.

Thanks,

I never pulled the trigger on any of these. The Ford 1920 had a 7108 loader which was undersized based on what New Holland tells me.

The Kubota sold.

So, I'm still looking for 25-35hp tractor with a loader.

/ Tractor Comparison - which one to buy? #10  
Having owned a 1920 once.. I'd own one again in a heartbeat.

soundguy