JD 4115 vs NH TC24D

/ JD 4115 vs NH TC24D #1  

MDNY

Platinum Member
Tractor
John Deere X585 4WDq
I am not sure if this belongs here or in either JD or NH forums, but here goes.

I am looking into a new tractor for the new house starting soon. I originally wanted to go 28-30 hp rating, but find that it would be more than I want to spend, and more machine than I actually need. So enter the new breed of compacts. JD 4115 vs NH TC24D. I have see reviewed the JD, but only seen info from spencer200 on the NH boards about the TC24D.

Has anyone seen any further info, tested either, and purchased either. If so what were your thoughts, why did you go with your choice and what did you pay or get quoted?

Thanks again.

/ JD 4115 vs NH TC24D #2  
MDNY, I don't think you are going to find many people experienced in either of these tractors. They are both new models this year. Also the TC24D is not out yet. I can tell you about my TC21D (Same tractor different Engine I'm told) . I use my TC21D for mowing, and loader work. It works great for my uses. I think the extra HP of the 24D will come in handy. I do a lot of loader/Hauling work, and the 21D could do more with the extra 3HPs. All in all if you are looking for a all around useful tractor for your property for such things as mowing, and light loader work this is a great choice.

/ JD 4115 vs NH TC24D
Steelfan,

Thanks for the info. It is tough to compare new machines especially when only one is out and NH still hasn't put the TC24D on the site. If they are waiting to unload the balance of their TC25D they should get moving.

I figure as people start to look more at the Class I upto 24hp range of machine I may seee more insight.

I feel Blue has the best ergonomics and functions, but Green has a few features I like, such as the auto bleed system. This is tough since am not a mechanic at heart and do not feel comfortable (yet) doing some of the work on the tractor.

But I am anxiously waiting for the TC24D to show up so I can see and test it. I have to say so far the 4115 is quieter than the B2910 ( I tested last year) and haven't tested blue yet. But now is the time to get looking.

thanks again.

/ JD 4115 vs NH TC24D #4  
No Problem MDNY, I'm just sitting around on a rainy day. I just added the info on the TC21D, because I like to talk about it. I'd be anxious too. Good Luck, and if you do get a TC24D let me know what you think.

/ JD 4115 vs NH TC24D #5  
The Tc series are pretty quiet and smooth running. My father in law has a JD4100 and it is much loader than my TC33D. I haven't heard any of the new 10 series JD to see if they are any quieter.

/ JD 4115 vs NH TC24D #6  
I drove a Kubota 7500 and a NH TC18 last weekend, and a JD 4110 this weekend. My general impression was that the Kubota was the quietest and the NH and JD were about the same, a little louder than the Kubota. The NH has the most pronounced knocking sound. Both the Kubota and JD were more of a humm by comparison.

I ran them all up to PTO speed to check sound levels.

My test is of course subjective, but I didnt find any of them to make so much noise I couldnt live with it.

Jon

/ JD 4115 vs NH TC24D #7  
Sound was an issue for me and the Kubota 3010 HST was much harder on my ears than the NH TC33D that I ended up buying. It may or may not have been decibles, but either way the NH was much easier on my ears.

/ JD 4115 vs NH TC24D #8  
I was driving the smallest of the tractors, you were trying mid sized one. Could be a big difference between the two?

Jon

/ JD 4115 vs NH TC24D #9  
I've been looking at the TC21D and JD 4110. Here are the advantages I see to each. I will preface this by saying I think I've had green blood since I was born.

JD
Loader Capacity 882# vs. 600#
Quicker attaching FEL & MMM
Better Saftey Systems (PTO operator presence)

NH
3point Hitch Capacity 1265 vs. 1150
Better Visibility
Price? List is very comprable, but JD Dealers in my area aren't offering much discounts. If they don't wise up, I may have to change my signature.

As far as the autobleed feature. It is pretty cool. I have had to bleed the fuel line on a sailboat aux diesel (24 HP yanmar) before. Although, if your fuel gage works, why would you need it? how many times have you run out of gas in your car?

/ JD 4115 vs NH TC24D
Hazmat,

Good point. However there have been issues before with the tank holding in air pressure and suddenly your tractor stops, you check the gas tank and whoosh air rushes our and the need bottoms out. But you can also get into what your doing and suddenly find yourself out of gas.

But the biggest test will be driving a TC24D and then trying out the JD 4115 next time.

Thanks for the input.