Which one should i buy ?

/ Which one should i buy ? #11  
If you were just moving snow and spreading gravel I would say that the Kubota would make a great small tractor for small money. Once you start talking about digging trenches and removing stumps, that is where you will find many weaknesses in the small sub-compact tractors and also find that the CK20 is in a class higher than any other sub-25hp compact tractor and is well worth the extra premium over the other two. You just need to ask yourself if you are going to use that much tractor. If so, then it will be well worth it...

You rarely hear people wishing they had bought a smaller tractor but every other person you talk to wishes they had a larger tractor.

/ Which one should i buy ? #12  
Under the BX snow clearance can be an issue with the BX. You can clear 8 inches before the undercarriage starts to want to float. It depends how you plan to clear snow. I used my BX to move snow in Ontario for 4 years and it wasn't an issue. I used a FEL instead of a scraper blade so I could simply dig into those 3 foot high drifts and move them. Lighter snow I'd push with the FEL then move it. I now have a B2620 with 12 inches of clearance and a scraper blade and FEL. That makes the job of clearing the driveway a little faster as I can go through 12 inches of snow now. A 3 foot drift still needs to be chewed away at with the FEL so I'm not really any further ahead on the deep snow days. In my opinion a front mount snow blower on a BX would be just as good as a front mount blower on a tractor with twice the ground clearance. In fact perhaps better as the BX is a nimble little beast that can turn on a dime and and the hydro drive is so simple to operate. I had turf tires on my BX and with the 4 wheel drive never had a problem with traction however I am on a flat piece of ground. With regards to the other models you're looking at I can't comment as I've never tried them.

/ Which one should i buy ? #13  
Almost ready to commit. Which one of the three would you buy if its
just for a 4 car driveway snow clearing and around the cabin digging up stumps and spreding gravel and digging ditches.

Kubota BX 25 Hyd FEL & Bachoe $ 19500

Kioti CK20 Hyd FEL & Bachoe $ 24500

Mahindra 2216 Standard FEL & Bachoe $ 23500

Do you think the Kubota will do the same job as the other two. It just
looks so much smaller and the front wheels are so small ? Just worried
about how much snow it would beable to go through ?

Strange, I would have thought the Kubota would have been more money than the Kioti. I know the Kioti out-specs the Kubota (even though Kubota has a 5HP advantage), but that's quite the price difference.

200TrueBlue,

You are correct, the other two machines would outperform the BX mainly because they are brutes in comparison. You definitely will not be digging out any stumps with the BX unless they are small stumps indeed. Even the other two machines will have a hard enough time depending again upon size of stump.

Kubotas on the other hand of course have their legendary reliability track record.

Tough call on this one if the Kubota is $5K cheaper. Check out the TBN forums on the other two to see of any known reliability issues.

Good Luck,

Vic

/ Which one should i buy ? #14  
Newby to the site ...

I am looking at buying a compact with FEL and later a Hoe and i have a
budget of $16000 plus tax. Right now the Kubota is out of range but i
have Four options plus one i'm not to sure of.

Kioti CK20
Bobcat CT120
Newholand T1110
Mahindra 2216

Foton FT254 $14500

Which unit would you pick for just around the house and cabin for snow clearing and landscaping, moving gravel ,spreading,digging out stumps etc.

Thanks TB

Vic
You were in the same boat as me I got a bx 23 for my cabin and haven't regretted it yet yes it is a little small some times but it has been fine for me
I love the way the back hoe clips up to tractor (like oversized car door latches) Verses the 3 point and pin on ones (BX24).

it takes time to do the jobs but I do them at it's pace some jobs take two weekends to do but I ain't paying rental by the hour.

tom

/ Which one should i buy ? #15  
1*Under the BX snow clearance can be an issue with the BX.
2*You can clear 8 inches before the undercarriage starts to want to float.
It depends how you plan to clear snow.
3*I used a FEL instead of a scraper blade so I could simply dig into those 3 foot high drifts and move them. Lighter snow I'd push with the FEL then move it.
1*I don't think that would be a problem with my BXs.
2*Ive cleared many A 6 8 10 12 inch snows and a couple of14 inch snows with my little old 2 wheel drive Bolens garden tractor.
The Bolens ground clearence is a lot less than the BX1500 and the BX23 ground clearance.
3*I use this tractor to plow snow
http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk286/lb59/100_2316.jpg
And this tractor to move the piles if needed.
http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk286/lb59/100_2321.jpg

/ Which one should i buy ? #16  
Do they even make the BX25 anymore...?

Maybe it's getting replaced by the BX2660, that would explain the lower price if it's a discontinued tractor.

/ Which one should i buy ? #17  
200TrueBlue,
You definitely will not be digging out any stumps with the BX unless they are small stumps indeed.
I dug out dozens of 4 to 10 or 12'' trees when I grubbed 6 tents of an acre with the BX23.
I was pleasantly surprised by the BX23 performance.
Worked very well.

The last haul to the dump was 27 stumps left after I had burnt 5 huge piles of brush trees saplings and stumps..
L . B .

/ Which one should i buy ? #18  
I know I am a Mahindra dealer, but I just thought I would put in my 2 cents. The Mahindra 2216 is probably the closest comparison to the Kioti CK20 that is on the market. The BX Kubota is really a lighter smaller machine and not really a apples to apples comparison. Any how I certainly wouldn't rule out that Mahindra. Performance wise I wouldn't think twice about working it side by side with the CK20, and durability wise the Mitsubishi made Mahindra 2216 will take a back seat to none of the competition. I have a lot of respect for the Kioti and the Kubota but the Mahindra is everybit as much tractor as they are.

/ Which one should i buy ? #19  
If you plan to trailer the tractor, take weight into consideration. I'm not sure what these tractors weigh with the implements you'll be hauling to the cabin. And don't forget, you need to include the weight of the trailer when towing.

/ Which one should i buy ? #20  
The Kioti is a bigger tractor, but since you are considering a Kubota Bx, have you looked at the Massey Ferguson GC? I finally got to a dealer to look at them the other day. I've got prices of $17,000.00 with the loader, backhoe, block heater and loaded R4 tires. The dealer I went to also sells Kubotas, and they showed me something about the difference in hydraulic pumps. The MF will lift itself off the ground with the buckets at a dead idle. The BX's will not. I've also heard that parts for the MF were expensive, but (at least in this area) they are cheaper than Kubota and Deere.