1920 model ford

/ 1920 model ford #1  

Hello all, im new to the forum but have been reading a bit before i registered.Here is my question, i now have a 2WD ford 2810,a little rough but runs great, and im looking at a ford 1920 4WD 985 hrs with a loader for 9800.00. is this a good buy or should i just try to find a loader to fit the 2810 2WD . will be using the tractor in the hilly clay of west TN. Thanks in advance for your replys

/ 1920 model ford #2  
A 1920, 4wd, those hous and a loader for 9XXX is a great buy, if the tractor is mechanically sound. I bought a 1920, 7xx hours, and 4wd for that price.. no loader... Later traded it 3ys later and got 8900$ in trade.

Your 2810 is in the same power category.. IE.. 30's hp... And it one generation early than the 1920.. so age is close in range...

No doubt having 4wd on hills is nice.. and uif you do lots of loader work it's nice too.

It's your call, as you are looking at a tractor that is about identical except for 4wd and loader.. You might be able to sell the 2810 in the 4.5-6k$ if it is in good shape.

soundguy

/ 1920 model ford
Soundguy i appreciate your thoughts and decided on going ahead with the 1920 . My main reason is even if i save money by just going with a loader for the 2810 i still have a 2WD tractor loader and think im better off with the 4WD. i will probably keep the 2810 for mowing and such and its paid for ;)

/ 1920 model ford #4  
Good choice.. having a 2nd tractor is a nice option.. and since they are the same hp.. you can share implements.. and if one is ever 'down'.. you can get most of the same work done.. except for the loader stuff... Also.. this gives you the option of having a 2nd non loader tractor in case you need to move some stuff around in tight spaces where the 1920/loader is not so agile. A boom pole and dirt scoop and box blade for that 2810 make it near as usefull as the 1920 and laoder, in a pinch, if you need extra lift.. etc..

soundguy