What is the strongest UT??

/ What is the strongest UT?? #1  

Chuck K.

Gold Member
Tractor
2009 M59 w/thumb
Well I guess I am wanting the best of both worlds.. I want the strongest possible FEL and BH yet the BH has to be removable so I can use other implements mower, BB, etc. I prefer HST, 50-60HP, skid steer QA FEL and 12K# max. weight.

I looked at the Kubota M59 but cannot justify 50K dollars for the amount of work I currently do. Commercial TLBs are out of the question for reasons above. The Woods BH90x does a good job just have to go slow at larger task. Just yesterday I had a large multiple trunked tree stump that I severly underestimed the size of the root ball, I could not lift it out of the enormous hole.. Using a 8000# winch on front of 1 ton pick up and a snatch block we pulled the stump on its side allowing me to rake most of the heavy mud off the bottom after that I could then barley lift the stump and put in back of a pickup.

Now here is the really frustrating part, the FEL even curl function would not lift the stump out of the truck:confused::mad: I was able to get it up enough he could drive out from under and get to the burn pile.

Maybe I am asking too much from a CUT, UT, or what ever the heck its called ?

Thanks for any input

PS Please dont tell my wife about this post :D:D

Last edited:
   / What is the strongest UT?? #2  
Chuck, I can't fault your equipment but it wasn't a couple of years ago I had a 3' plus diameter maple split in my yard.

I dug it out with an L-35 but couldn't move it! Came home with a hundred horse four wheel drive farm tractor with a loader and still couldn't hardly move it! Took the L-35 and the farm tractor to get it out of the hole and slid onto our roll back to get it out of the yard!

Just one of those days! Love the toys!

/ What is the strongest UT?? #3  
Sorry, but any stump you can get in the back of a pick up truck................ain't that BIG!

Sincerely, Dirt

/ What is the strongest UT??
Not big by some standards I suppose but my weak, little ole FEL really struggled getting it in there.. You should have seen that old 3/4 ton Chevy's headlights up in the trees :D

/ What is the strongest UT?? #5  
Buy a used Industrial TLB. There are some good bargains out there right now. I would target the larger ones. They are harder to transport and generally roll up fewer hours.

Case 590, Ford 655 or 755, any of the big Deere's.

25-30K would put you in something with 4-5000# lift FEL and 2-3000 lift on the BH.

/ What is the strongest UT?? #7  
Well I guess I am wanting the best of both worlds.. I want the strongest possible FEL and BH yet the BH has to be removable so I can use other implements mower, BB, etc. I prefer HST, 50-60HP, skid steer QA FEL and 12K# max. weight.

I looked at the Kubota M59 but cannot justify 50K dollars for the amount of work I currently do. Commercial TLBs are out of the question for reasons above. The Woods BH90x does a good job just have to go slow at larger task. Just yesterday I had a large multiple trunked tree stump that I severly underestimed the size of the root ball, I could not lift it out of the enormous hole.. Using a 8000# winch on front of 1 ton pick up and a snatch block we pulled the stump on its side allowing me to rake most of the heavy mud off the bottom after that I could then barley lift the stump and put in back of a pickup.

Now here is the really frustrating part, the FEL even curl function would not lift the stump out of the truck:confused::mad: I was able to get it up enough he could drive out from under and get to the burn pile.

Thanks for any input

PS Please dont tell my wife about this post :D:D

Don't know which UT is the strongest.
But from your tale I'd say you need a big yellow TLB like this one

DSCF0070Small.jpg

It's a JD 410C, 1970s vintage. You can find this type of equipment on craigslist and in the classifieds for a lot less than $50K. It's the right tool for your type of job.

/ What is the strongest UT?? #8  
Buy a used Industrial TLB. There are some good bargains out there right now. I would target the larger ones. They are harder to transport and generally roll up fewer hours.

Case 590, Ford 655 or 755, any of the big Deere's.

25-30K would put you in something with 4-5000# lift FEL and 2-3000 lift on the BH.

Or even much less, depending on who and where you're talking to.

that pic. looked like a newer than (and smaller than) 70's 410's. maybe that was the 'C"

/ What is the strongest UT?? #9  

I looked at the Kubota M59 but cannot justify 50K dollars for the amount of work I currently do. Commercial TLBs are out of the question for reasons above. The Woods BH90x does a good job just have to go slow at larger task.

Sounds as if the M59 meets all of your criteria except cost. Does the hoe on the M59 outspec the Woods BH90-X?

You need to either lower your standards or get busy enough to justify the expense. There never has been any free lunch; and cheap, good lunches are harder to find.

/ What is the strongest UT?? #10  
Check out the Mahindra line with the 511 backhoe. The thing you won't find is the hydrostatic transmission.