Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 20
  1. #1
    Gold Member Chuck K.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    401
    Location
    Texas Gulf Coast
    Tractor
    2009 M59 w/thumb

    Default What is the strongest UT??

    Well I guess I am wanting the best of both worlds.. I want the strongest possible FEL and BH yet the BH has to be removable so I can use other implements mower, BB, etc. I prefer HST, 50-60HP, skid steer QA FEL and 12K# max. weight.

    I looked at the kubota M59 but cannot justify 50K dollars for the amount of work I currently do. Commercial TLBs are out of the question for reasons above. The Woods BH90x does a good job just have to go slow at larger task. Just yesterday I had a large multiple trunked tree stump that I severly underestimed the size of the root ball, I could not lift it out of the enormous hole.. Using a 8000# winch on front of 1 ton pick up and a snatch block we pulled the stump on its side allowing me to rake most of the heavy mud off the bottom after that I could then barley lift the stump and put in back of a pickup.

    Now here is the really frustrating part, the FEL even curl function would not lift the stump out of the truck I was able to get it up enough he could drive out from under and get to the burn pile.

    Maybe I am asking too much from a CUT, UT, or what ever the heck its called ?

    Thanks for any input

    PS Please dont tell my wife about this post
    Last edited by Chuck K.; 12-13-2008 at 02:35 PM.
    M59 w/thumb

  2. #2
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2000
    Posts
    6,233
    Location
    central New York
    Tractor
    all makes and models

    Default Re: What is the strongest UT??

    Chuck, I can't fault your equipment but it wasn't a couple of years ago I had a 3' plus diameter maple split in my yard.

    I dug it out with an L-35 but couldn't move it! Came home with a hundred horse four wheel drive farm tractor with a loader and still couldn't hardly move it! Took the L-35 and the farm tractor to get it out of the hole and slid onto our roll back to get it out of the yard!

    Just one of those days! Love the toys!

  3. #3
    Veteran Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    1,437
    Location
    Wheeling, WV
    Tractor
    2006 JD 3520 w/cab & 300CX loader. 1995 JD 870 w/440 loader & 8b backhoe.JD 455 w/54" mower deck.

    Default Re: What is the strongest UT??

    Sorry, but any stump you can get in the back of a pick up truck................ain't that BIG!

    Sincerely, Dirt
    "Good judgement comes from experience.Experience comes from bad judgement."

  4. #4
    Gold Member Chuck K.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    401
    Location
    Texas Gulf Coast
    Tractor
    2009 M59 w/thumb

    Default Re: What is the strongest UT??

    Not big by some standards I suppose but my weak, little ole FEL really struggled getting it in there.. You should have seen that old 3/4 ton Chevy's headlights up in the trees
    M59 w/thumb

  5. #5
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2000
    Posts
    6,553

    Default Re: What is the strongest UT??

    Buy a used Industrial TLB. There are some good bargains out there right now. I would target the larger ones. They are harder to transport and generally roll up fewer hours.

    Case 590, Ford 655 or 755, any of the big Deere's.

    25-30K would put you in something with 4-5000# lift FEL and 2-3000 lift on the BH.

  6. #6
    Super Star Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    16,854
    Location
    First organized permanent settlement in the northwest territory
    Tractor
    2003 Kubota BX1500/2004 Kubota Bx23/2005 Kubota BX1500

    Default Re: What is the strongest UT??

    Quote Originally Posted by dirtworksequip View Post
    Sorry, but any stump you can get in the back of a pick up truck................ain't that BIG!

    Sincerely, Dirt
    But it can be that heavy.
    Tractors 2003 Kubota BX1500 / 2004 Kubota Bx23 / 2005 Kubota BX1500.
    Attachments 60'' Front Blade/48'' Rear Tiller/FEL/Back Hoe /
    60'' MMM/Clamp on Forks/48'' MMM
    South of Canton Ohio L .B

  7. #7
    Super Member flusher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    6,538
    Location
    Sacramento
    Tractor
    Sold the farm, sold the tractors, moved back to the city

    Default Re: What is the strongest UT??

    Quote Originally Posted by Chuck K. View Post
    Well I guess I am wanting the best of both worlds.. I want the strongest possible FEL and BH yet the BH has to be removable so I can use other implements mower, BB, etc. I prefer HST, 50-60HP, skid steer QA FEL and 12K# max. weight.

    I looked at the kubota M59 but cannot justify 50K dollars for the amount of work I currently do. Commercial TLBs are out of the question for reasons above. The Woods BH90x does a good job just have to go slow at larger task. Just yesterday I had a large multiple trunked tree stump that I severly underestimed the size of the root ball, I could not lift it out of the enormous hole.. Using a 8000# winch on front of 1 ton pick up and a snatch block we pulled the stump on its side allowing me to rake most of the heavy mud off the bottom after that I could then barley lift the stump and put in back of a pickup.

    Now here is the really frustrating part, the FEL even curl function would not lift the stump out of the truck I was able to get it up enough he could drive out from under and get to the burn pile.

    Maybe I am asking too much from a CUT, UT, or what ever the heck its called ?

    Thanks for any input

    PS Please dont tell my wife about this post
    Don't know which UT is the strongest.
    But from your tale I'd say you need a big yellow TLB like this one



    It's a JD 410C, 1970s vintage. You can find this type of equipment on craigslist and in the classifieds for a lot less than $50K. It's the right tool for your type of job.

  8. #8
    Veteran Member jake98's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    1,910
    Location
    Dingmans Ferry PA
    Tractor
    53 Cub, 70's JD 410, Kioti 25hst

    Default Re: What is the strongest UT??

    Quote Originally Posted by john_bud View Post
    Buy a used Industrial TLB. There are some good bargains out there right now. I would target the larger ones. They are harder to transport and generally roll up fewer hours.

    Case 590, Ford 655 or 755, any of the big Deere's.

    25-30K would put you in something with 4-5000# lift FEL and 2-3000 lift on the BH.
    Or even much less, depending on who and where you're talking to.


    that pic. looked like a newer than (and smaller than) 70's 410's. maybe that was the 'C"
    Kioti CK 25 Hydro: box blade, brush hog, rake, roto-till, grapple, bucket forks, de-stump cyl, Wallenstein Chipper
    John Deere 410 Backhoe Loader: 25 hoses ready to blow


    Thus by the beneficence of Providence, we shall behold our empire arising, founded on justice and the voluntary consent of the people, and giving full scope to the exercise of those faculties and rights which most ennoble our species.

    Samuel Adams

  9. #9
    Super Member RickB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2000
    Posts
    7,582
    Location
    Eastern NY
    Tractor
    Case 885, Ford 4000

    Default Re: What is the strongest UT??

    Quote Originally Posted by Chuck K. View Post
    Well I guess I am wanting the best of both worlds.. I want the strongest possible FEL and BH yet the BH has to be removable so I can use other implements mower, BB, etc. I prefer HST, 50-60HP, skid steer QA FEL and 12K# max. weight.

    I looked at the kubota M59 but cannot justify 50K dollars for the amount of work I currently do. Commercial TLBs are out of the question for reasons above. The Woods BH90x does a good job just have to go slow at larger task.

    Maybe I am asking too much from a CUT, UT, or what ever the heck its called ?
    Sounds as if the M59 meets all of your criteria except cost. Does the hoe on the M59 outspec the Woods BH90-X?

    You need to either lower your standards or get busy enough to justify the expense. There never has been any free lunch; and cheap, good lunches are harder to find.

  10. #10
    Veteran Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    1,713
    Location
    Batavia, NY
    Tractor
    Mahindra -------------

    Default Re: What is the strongest UT??

    Check out the Mahindra line with the 511 backhoe. The thing you won't find is the hydrostatic transmission.
    Galen LaWall
    Your Mahindra Tractor Dealer
    185 Pearl Street
    Batavia, New York 14020
    585.343.0770

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
© 2014 TractorByNet.com. TractorByNet is a registered trademark of IMC Digital Universe, Inc. Other trademarks on this page are the property of their respective owners.