Tractor scams right here???

/ Tractor scams right here??? #1  

rickster

Silver Member
Tractor
kubota B7800 fel
I was Looking through the classifieds site here a minute ago and found this! :mad:2008 KUBOTA BX24D 4X4 LOADER BACKHOE asking $4200 NO LIFT ARMS , REAR 3 POINT LIFT , BT601 BACKHOE , R4 INDUSTRIAL TIRES , LA240 QUICK ATTACH FRONTEND LOADER , DIFF LOCK , 2 POST FOLDOWN ROLLOVER BAR , REAR AND MID PTOS , HYDROSTATIC DRIVE WITH HI AND LOW RANGE , 23 HP , POWER STEERING , 3 CYL DIESEL ENGINE
On December 16, 2008, fredcalman added:

For a fast reply please email me at my home/work email : fredcalman@yahoo.com .

Thanks for looking ! WOW! takes a lot of ***** to post a scam right here!

Last edited by a moderator:
   / Tractor scams right here??? #2  
Yep..... they show up here, just like Ebay or CL. Best thing to do is PM a moderator and they will have it removed.

/ Tractor scams right here??? #3  
Said it before, say it again.

I hate crooks!

/ Tractor scams right here??? #4  
Unfotunately, most of us moderators can't change things in the CLASSIFIEDS, but I'm sure Muhammad will take care of it when he sees it.

/ Tractor scams right here??? #5  
The real one is on ebay for $14.6k. Appearantly someone has swiped the ad material from the ebay listing and posted it all over the place. The "scam" listings are on TractorByNet, Craigslist(x2), FarmTrader, TractorHouse and a couple of others.

If it sounds too good to be true, it usually is. A simple Google search on some of the key words pops up the obvious scam listings. I used: "NO LIFT ARMS , REAR 3 POINT LIFT , BT601 BACKHOE".

I do this for all the things I'm interested in just to check if they're listed at multiple locations or by different people.

/ Tractor scams right here??? #6  
WOW! takes a lot of ***** to post a scam right here!
As most people have already seen, TBN gets it's share of SPAMMERs, so the fact the same human debris post bogus classified ads shouldn't be a surprise.

Just as it's not possible for Moderators to review every post for SPAM, the Administrators can't review every classified ad to confirm it's legitimate. So as with SPAM (Click Here), we count on fellow citizens of TBN to see these things and report them. Moderators can handle the SPAM, but problems in the Classifieds must be reported via PM to Muhammad.

/ Tractor scams right here??? #7  
One of the clues is that it's under $5,000

Like the others have said, if it's too good to be true, then it is.

Eddie

/ Tractor scams right here??? #8  
One of the clues is that it's under $5,000

Eddie

Well not necessarily so.

My buddy just bought a B7100 c/w FEL and bush hog, a bit rough all around but nothing TLC could not fix.

The price was $2000! (Cdn$ = maybe $1600.US)

And that's not just BS, as I was present when offer and acceptance was made!

/ Tractor scams right here??? #9  
And I paid $2500 for my 86 Ford 3910. There's a difference between a 2008 BX24D an early 90's B7100. The BX also has a backhoe as well as a FEL. Paying $2k for a $3.5k machine is not out of line. It raises more suspicion when the "owner" of a near-new machine is asking 4k for 15k+ machine though.

/ Tractor scams right here??? #10  
People are getting pretty brazen of late. I went to purchase an off-road motorcycle through Craigslist about two years ago. The buyer had it in possession locally and everything was set to go at a really good price. While you are not required to register off-road motorcycles, the manufacturer still provides a title for ownership purposes. When I finally asked him for this title you would have thought I had pulled a gun on him from his reaction. The bike was not stolen (yet), but it appears someone still owed the bank for the note on it.

Since that incident, my second question on any such type of purchase is always, "Do you have proof of ownership?"