Kioti DK 45S vs. Mahindra 4530

/ Kioti DK 45S vs. Mahindra 4530 #1  

selfel

I'm teetering on the edge of upgrading from my old Ford 3000 and I believe I've narrowed my search to the two models above. I had considered the Kubota MX5100 until I saw it's weight. Sticker prices on the Kioti and Mahindra are close (Kioti about $1500 higher) but the Kioti comes with quite a few features that are optional on the Mahindra. From all I've read, both are decent machines, probably better ones out there, but I'm trying to buy the most tractor for $20M +/-. I guess my dilemna is weighing the additional features of the Kioti (rear remote, remote 3 point lift lever, adjustable 3 point stabilizers, 12 spd trans, wet brakes, etc) against the greater weight of the Mahindra. The Kioti is 4300# vs. 5720# for the Mahindra. 3 point lift capacity is about 1300# higher for the Mahindra as well, and I'm assuming the FEL capacity would be quite a bit higher for the Mahindra as well.

/ Kioti DK 45S vs. Mahindra 4530 #2  
The Mahindra is heavier, but you can add weight to the Kioti by filling the rear tires, and even ading rear wheel weights. The kioti has 3 speeds in low range below 1mph, if you are planning on doing any slow work such as snowblowing. Both excellent machines, and the dealer suppoet would be the next thing to evaluate. If you are buying from Rick Wallace, then it is up to a choice of machines.......Try them both out and see which one you like better.

/ Kioti DK 45S vs. Mahindra 4530 #3  
Do you have a Montana dealer nearby? I think for the money they make a quality machine too.

/ Kioti DK 45S vs. Mahindra 4530 #4  
I'm teetering on the edge of upgrading from my old Ford 3000 and I believe I've narrowed my search to the two models above. I had considered the Kubota MX5100 until I saw it's weight. Sticker prices on the Kioti and Mahindra are close (Kioti about $1500 higher) but the Kioti comes with quite a few features that are optional on the Mahindra. From all I've read, both are decent machines, probably better ones out there, but I'm trying to buy the most tractor for $20M +/-. I guess my dilemna is weighing the additional features of the Kioti (rear remote, remote 3 point lift lever, adjustable 3 point stabilizers, 12 spd trans, wet brakes, etc) against the greater weight of the Mahindra. The Kioti is 4300# vs. 5720# for the Mahindra. 3 point lift capacity is about 1300# higher for the Mahindra as well, and I'm assuming the FEL capacity would be quite a bit higher for the Mahindra as well.

I've had a Mahindra and a Kioti and like them both. The Mahindra was higher horsepower 60 vs 55, but the engine displacement was nearly a liter more and so it seemed to have much more brute power. The Kioti I like because of the features that make hook-ups easier. Both could pull and handle my mower.

Dealer would also be a key. I switched because I was impressed with the dealer in Vale, NC. I didn't have problems with either machine. My Kioti is cab so I like that.

Also, both of mine were used so I feel I stretched my dollars a little more but there are probably some deals out there on new as well.

/ Kioti DK 45S vs. Mahindra 4530
Thanks for the responses. I looked at the Mahindra 4530 and was definately impressed by the size/mass of this tractor (to the point I was concerned about my trailer's abililty to haul it). The big negative for me was the layout of the controls and the fit/finish. Compared to the Kioti, the Mahindra looked outdated and the loader controls only allowed access to/from one side of the tractor. Plus Kioti is offering 0% for 72 months . I ended up with a decision between the Kioti DK 45S and a DK 40SE. The 40SE is a few hundred pounds lighter, but is slightly longer and wider than the 45S, also has the loader controls down by the seat rather than way up by the loader frame. Wheel size is the same but the 45S comes with one size larger tires. In the end I went with the 40SE for $3000 less than the 45S and the dealer is about 60 mi. closer. There are so many choices, time will tell if I made the right move.

Again, thanks for the input.

/ Kioti DK 45S vs. Mahindra 4530 #6  
Congrats and Welcome to the Pack!

I am sure you will really enjoy your new animal, it sounds like a real great machine.