Kubota L4240 cab or Kioti DK45SE HST cab

/ Kubota L4240 cab or Kioti DK45SE HST cab #1  

lsa

Wondering about your preference between these two tractors. The Kioti is a little less expensive (approx. $3K).

Thanks

/ Kubota L4240 cab or Kioti DK45SE HST cab #2  
Which has the dealer you are more comfortable with? Both are good machines and since they are both CAB'ed, the ergonomics are similar. Which one 'fits' you better? Tractor and dealer.
I went Kioti as the no cab versions I was looking at the Kioti was more ergonomically correct for me and I was not comfortable with the Kubota dealer. The other factor was the Kioti was $3K cheaper than the Kubota and $4K cheaper than the JD.

/ Kubota L4240 cab or Kioti DK45SE HST cab #3  
I have an 06 Kioti 45 cab shuttle, looks like visibility has increased in the newer hydro cab model which would be good for loader work. Have trouble getting a lot of heat in the cab for winter time but works better with the recirculated air. AC is not supercold in the summer but sufficient.
Overall it seems like the Kiotis are easy starters in the wintertime, they have good dependable engines in them and so far, with 400 hrs on mine, it has been reliable.

/ Kubota L4240 cab or Kioti DK45SE HST cab #4  
I have the new 40 series cab kubota and I can tell you it is top notch. The a/c will freeze you out on 100 deg days. The heat will melt you on those zero deg days. The hydro plus trans it far above any offerings of any of the other makes. The cab is improved over the 30 series and now is very quiet and more head room that the 30 series cab. The sound level in my L3240HSTC is 77db at pto rpm. For comparison my 30 series L3430HSTC was a wopping 85db at pto rpm. The headroom is about 5 inches more as well.

I did look at the JD 20 series cab tractor and although they are nice they don't have the extras of the kubota. Also, one last thing to consider is resale and Kubota wins here too.

Hope this helps.

/ Kubota L4240 cab or Kioti DK45SE HST cab #5  
mark2610d;1556025 Also said:
If your looking for resale value DON"T BUY ANY TRACTOR OR HOUSE OR CAR OR TRUCK!

Talking resale value in an economy like this....A new house for 1 million is only worth 350 thousand.
Buy a new Ford truck and drive it across town and you just lost 15k.
The only reason why your tractor is worth more on a resale is because you paid more up front.

/ Kubota L4240 cab or Kioti DK45SE HST cab #6  
Looking at some quick specs..

Kubota Kioti
Engine gross hp 44hp@2,700rpm
45hp@2,600rpm
weight 4,001lbs 4,625lbs
waranty ?? 4 year (unlimited hours)
Aux remotes optional 1 remote standard

Loader 112.3"to full height 107.8"to full height
Lifting capacity 2,489lbs 2,761lbs
Quick tach optional standard [/LEFT]

Just somethings to look at but all in all the dealer is who will really make the big difference.

/ Kubota L4240 cab or Kioti DK45SE HST cab
Thanks guys. I went ahead and got the Kubota and really like it so far.

/ Kubota L4240 cab or Kioti DK45SE HST cab #8  
If your looking for resale value DON"T BUY ANY TRACTOR OR HOUSE OR CAR OR TRUCK!

Talking resale value in an economy like this....A new house for 1 million is only worth 350 thousand.
Buy a new Ford truck and drive it across town and you just lost 15k.
The only reason why your tractor is worth more on a resale is because you paid more up front.

I think you have to take resale into any purchase. Lets face it everybody knows that Kubota tractors are known for their reliability and thus you have a larger market to sale to. I'm not saying that you will come out better money wise when you sell a kubota but it WILL sale much faster than the kioti will. People like to know that there is a dealer right down the street and that parts can be had if needed not to mention a long history of good ole reliability. I think the Kioti is a fine tractor but I would not fork out the money for something that might be hard to sale if I ever had to sale it.

Just my thoughts,

Mark

/ Kubota L4240 cab or Kioti DK45SE HST cab #9  

I think you have to take resale into any purchase. Lets face it everybody knows that Kubota tractors are known for their reliability and thus you have a larger market to sale to. I'm not saying that you will come out better money wise when you sell a kubota but it WILL sale much faster than the kioti will. People like to know that there is a dealer right down the street and that parts can be had if needed not to mention a long history of good ole reliability. I think the Kioti is a fine tractor but I would not fork out the money for something that might be hard to sale if I ever had to sale it.

Just my thoughts,

Mark
To me a tractor is usally a life long purchase.I looked at a kubota 4240 and a kioti Dk 40se to me the kioti had better features and was more stout built verses the kubota.Needless to say I bought the Kioti and saved around $8,000 bucks.I think people figure tractors are like cars and you need to trade them every 5 years or so,not me this is a life long purchase that I plan on keeping for 20 plus years if not more with proper maintence.coobie

/ Kubota L4240 cab or Kioti DK45SE HST cab #10  
Having been a Kubota, John Deere, Case owner in the past a current Kioti owner. I must admit, that a used Kubota or Deere is bound to sell more quickly than Kioti or Mahandra or the like. However, I like some here purchase of the long haul, when I looked and looked and looked I kept coming back to Kioti, yes my used Kioti was much less than a used Kubota or Deere, but price aside, I really liked the specs, look and feel of the Kioti. A ringer for the B21, but more capacity and weight. I've not been disapointed and plan to own for a very long time. With that said, confident I'd be able to sell a used B21 a bunch faster and for more money than my Kioti, particularly faster.

To be clear, very happy with my Kioti and super happy I purchased and I'd purchase another without hesitation.

Rick is absolutely correct, dealer makes a big difference.

I couldn't even get a price from my local Deere dealer (3 miles from my house), could not imagine what service would be like post purchase.

Joel